- FocusWriter for Mac OS X v.18.104.22.168The FocusWriter application was designed to be a fullscreen, distraction-free wordprocessor designed to immerse you as much as possible in your work. The program autosaves your progress, and reloads the last files you had open to make it easy to ...
- Bean v.3.0.4Bean is a small, easy-to-use wordprocessor (or more precisely, a rich text editor), designed to make writing convenient, efficient and comfortable. Bean is Open Source, fully Cocoa, and is available free of charge! MS Word, OpenOffice, etc. try to ...
- Cookware Deluxe v.3.2CookWare Deluxe makes collecting and organizing your recipes really simple. Dragging and dropping a recipe from your Internet browser or wordprocessor directly into CookWare Deluxe makes adding recipes really fast. It can automatically 'clean up' ...
- GeoWord v.1.5A very easy to use wordprocessor.GeoWord is a very simple, but very handy freeware word processing editor. GeoWord, has the advantage of being compatible with MS Word. However, you can only use text and tables if saving as *.Doc . If you wish to ...
- NetLedIt! v.3.0.1NetLedIt! 3.0.1 is created to be a helpful and simple-to-use wordprocessor rich text Netscape plugin. It is lighting fast, well documented, and the commercial version comes with lots of examples and great support.Requirements: ...
- Ware Deluxe v.2.8CookWare Deluxe makes collecting and organizing your recipes really simple. Dragging and dropping a recipe from your Internet browser or wordprocessor directly into CookWare Deluxe makes adding recipes really fast. It can automatically 'clean up' ...
- LibreOffice Portable v.3.4.4LibreOffice Portable is a full-featured office suite -- including a wordprocessor, spreadsheet, presentation tool, drawing package and database -- packaged as a portable app, so you can take all your documents and everything you need to work with ...
- LibreOffice for Mac v.3.4.4LibreOffice is the free power-packed Open Source personal productivity suite for Windows, Macintosh and Linux, that gives you six feature-rich applications for all your document production and data processing needs: Writer, Calc, Impress, Draw, Math ...
- BlueWriter - Java RTF Editor v.2.3BlueWriter is a wordprocessor built in Java that focuses on being small and ...
- Compare the best free open source Mac Word Processors Software at SourceForge. Free, secure and fast Mac Word Processors Software downloads from the largest Open Source applications and software directory.
- The Best Free Word Processing Software app downloads for Mac: Apache OpenOffice FormulatePro Microsoft Word EndNote Final Draft TextMate TextMate Plai.
- Feb 01, 2016 Download Wordsmith Word Processor 1.0 for Mac from our software library for free. This application is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 or later. The latest installation package occupies 11.3 MB on disk. The software lies within Productivity Tools, more precisely Office Tools.
The Best Free Word Processing Software app downloads for Mac: Apache OpenOffice FormulatePro Microsoft Word EndNote Final Draft TextMate TextMate Plai. 1-16 of over 3,000 results for 'word processor for mac' Apache OpenOffice 4.0.1 for Mac Open Source Download Sep 10, 2012 by Apache (OpenOffice.org) 3.8 out of 5 stars 437. Mac Download $0.00 $ 0. PC Download $0.00 $ 0.
- Story Lite v.2.2Write more, zoom all. Wordprocessor, add callouts, sidebars. Improve writing increase productivity. Best whiteboard organizer. Top 5 stars. Creative writing, academic, plan novel software, books, scripts, outline, essays. Non fiction, copy, blogging ...
- NJStar Chinese WP v.6.00NJStar Chinese WordProcessor reads, writes, edits and print Chinese text on normal English or western Windows. It also includes a powerful English-Chinese/Chinese-English bi-directionaldictionary for instant dictionary lookup.
- Activity and Expense Tracker Plus Mac v.1.8.7Activity and Expense Tracker Plus includes a Time Management Tool that helps you track all your projects and their related tasks and expenses. You can generate invoices and reports which can be printed or exported to your wordprocessor or ...
- Adobe InCopy CS4 v.6.0.4Adobe InCopy CS4 6.0.4 is an efficient editorial authoring tool available as part of an integrated publishing solution that includes Adobe InDesign software. With the look and feel of a wordprocessor, InCopy software enables 100 percent accurate ...
- Equator - The Physics Homework Editor v.1.1.3Equator - The Physics Homework Editor 1.1.3 is an effective and convenient math and science application that helps high school and college physics students to easily navigate the algebra. The program integrates a wordprocessor-like math editor, ...
- GoHebrew v.2.0GoHebrew 2.0 is considered as a professional and useful word-processor which enables entering text in visual Hebrew format into web ...
- LedIt! v.3.0.1LedIt! 3.0.1 is designed to be a friendly and useful freely available cross-platform word-processor. It is small, flexible, and interoperates well with other components and ...
- WordWrapper v.3.5WordWrapper 3.5 is considered as a flexible and effective tool, designed to allow you to replace the returns (or carriage return/line feed combination) with a space so your wordprocessor can easily reformat your text.Are you tired of the hassle of ...
- MyWritings for Mac OS v.1.2.8The wordprocessor for the rest of us and all those missing WriteNow. Everybody knows Word and everybody 'knows what a wordprocessor should do. But nobody really needs Word all the time or its cluttered interface and of course not its speed. And ...
- Equator for Mac OS v.2.0A word-processor-like editor specifically designed for use in high school and college-level algebra-based physics courses. Equator helps high school and college physics students to easily navigate the algebra. The program integrates a math editor, ...
- Openbench v.1.3openbench is a simple crossplattform processor benchmark made to ease the comparison of cpu power across different ...
Simple Word Processor software by TitlePopularityFreewareLinuxMac
Today's Top Ten Downloads for Simple Word Processor
Visit [email protected] for more of the top downloads here at WinSite!
- NJStar Chinese WP NJStar Chinese Word Processor reads , writes, edits and
- Reference Tracker for Mac OS An indispensable tool for writers, researchers or students.
- Story Lite Write more, zoom all. Word processor , add callouts,
- NJStar Japanese WP for Mac NJStar Japanese Word Processor reads, writes, edits and
- PubSearch for Mac OS A fast, efficient search tool for scientists, medical
- Proloquo for Mac OS A multilingual speech solution for Mac OS X that provides:
- MindManager for Mac MindManager enables you to capture, organize, and
- Activity and Expense Tracker Plus This free trial software includes a Time Management Tool
- LibreOffice Portable LibreOffice Portable is a full-featured office suite --
- FocusWriter for Mac OS X The FocusWriter application was designed to be a fullscreen,
Some of us are old enough to recall life before word processors. (It wasn’t that long ago.) Consider this sentence:
How did we survive in the days before every last one of us had access to word processors and computers on our respective desks?
That’s not a great sentence — it’s kind of wordy and repetitious. The following sentence is much more concise:
It’s hard to imagine how any of us got along without word processors.
The purpose of this mini-editing exercise is to illustrate the splendor of word processing. Had you produced these sentences on a typewriter instead of a computer, changing even a few words would hardly seem worth it. You would have to use correction fluid to erase your previous comments and type over them. If things got really messy, or if you wanted to take your writing in a different direction, you would end up yanking the sheet of paper from the typewriter in disgust and begin pecking away anew on a blank page.
Best Word Processor For Mac Os X
Word processing lets you substitute words at will, move entire blocks of text around with panache, and apply different fonts and typefaces to the characters. You won’t even take a productivity hit swapping typewriter ribbons in the middle of a project.
Before running out to buy Microsoft Word (or another industrial-strength and expensive) word processing program for your Mac, remember that Apple includes a respectable word processor with OS X. The program is TextEdit, and it call s the Applications folder home.
The first order of business when using TextEdit (or pretty much any word processor) is to create a new document. There’s really not much to it. It’s about as easy as opening the program itself. The moment you do so, a window with a large blank area on which to type appears.
Apple Word Processor Free
Have a look around the window. At the top, you see Untitled because no one at Apple is presumptuous enough to come up with a name for your yet-to-be-produced manuscript.
Notice the blinking vertical line at the upper-left edge of the screen, just below the ruler. That line, called the insertion point, might as well be tapping out Morse code for “start typing here.”
Indeed, you have come to the most challenging point in the entire word processing experience, and it has nothing to do with technology. The burden is on you to produce clever, witty, and inventive prose, lest all that blank space go to waste.
Okay, got it? At the blinking insertion point, type with abandon. Type something original like this:
It was a dark and stormy night
If you typed too quickly, you may have accidentally produced this:
It was a drk and stormy nihgt
Fortunately, your amiable word processor has your best interests at heart. See the dotted red line below drk and nihgt? That’s TextEdit’s not-so-subtle way of flagging a likely typo. (This presumes that you’ve left the default Check Spelling as You Type activated in TextEdit Preferences.)
Word Processor For Macos High Sierra
You can address these snafus in several ways. You can use the computer’s Delete key to wipe out all the letters to the left of the insertion point. (Delete functions like the backspace key on the Smith Coronayou put out to pasture years ago.) After the misspelled word has been quietly sent to Siberia, you can type over the space more carefully. All traces of your sloppiness disappear.
Delete is a wonderfully handy key. You can use it to eliminate a single word such as nihgt. But in this little case study, you have to repair drk too. And using Delete to erase drk means sacrificing and and stormy as well. That’s a bit of overkill.
Use one of the following options instead:
- Use the left-facing arrow key (found on the lower-right side of the keyboard) to move the insertion point to the spot just to the right of the word you want to deep-six. No characters are eliminated when you move the insertion point that way. Only when the insertion point is where it ought to be do you again hire your reliable keyboard hit-man, Delete.
Free Word Processor For Mac Os X 10.6.8
- Eschew the keyboard and click with the mouse to reach this same spot to the right of the misspelled word. Then press Delete.
Now try this helpful remedy. Right-click anywhere on the misspelled word. A list appears with suggestions. Single-click the correct word and, voilà, TextEdit instantly replaces the mistake. Be careful in this example not to choose dork.