- Word For Mac This Is Not A Valid File Name
- Word For Mac This Is Not A Valid File Name For Gpt Partition
- Word For Mac This Is Not A Valid File Name For Onedrive
Word For Mac This Is Not A Valid File Name
- The file might be in use, the file might not be a valid, file, or the filename might contain invalid characters.' Cause This issue can occur, if you are trying to save a file with an invalid character in the file name.
- However, when Word cannot open any file due to invalid characters error, one can save this document with different name in new location on system hard drive, so that document can be accessed without trouble.
- The Stellar Mac Data Recovery software increases the probability of recovering files with original file name by using data recovery techniques optimized for the specific hardware and file system. The software is compatible with macOS High Sierra 10.13 and allows you to create a disk image in case of a severely corrupt hard drive or SSD.
If you are deploying OneDrive you need to know the file size and number limitations AND the what file names Microsoft OneDrive will not accept.
Your web files will be viewed by numerous users who use a wide variety of operating systems (Mac, PC, and Linux for instance) and devices (desktops, tablets, and smartphones are some examples). Therefore, it is essential to play it safe and avoid common illegal directory and filename characters.
Word For Mac This Is Not A Valid File Name For Gpt Partition
OneDrive (personal) and OneDrive For Business will not allow the following:
|Invalid OneDrive Names||Details|
|Files that Contain|| * : < > ? / ||
note that this is a smaller list than it used to be so Microsoft is making advancements here. For instance as of September 24 2018, ICON _T and _W were removed from the restricted list
|Files Names||.lock, CON, PRN, AUX, NUL, COM1 – COM9, LPT1 – LPT9, _vti_, desktop.ini|
|Files Starting with||~$|
|Files Stored||Anywhwere but on your PC (i.e. no network shares)|
|Files Owned||by anyone but you (i.e. you can’t store other peoples files)|
|OneNote Files||OneNote files have their own sync mechanism|
|Long Paths||File paths, including the file name, have to be <400 characters|
|Rights Management||Files with Rights Management Enabled|
|Mac OS Limitation||Files stored on “Case-Sensitive Formatted Disk” cannot be Synced to OneDrive|
Word For Mac This Is Not A Valid File Name For Onedrive
For more details see THIS Microsoft article.