Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and More
As a student at Ohio State, you get free access to Microsoft Office products through Office 365. That means Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. You’ll also have 1 TB of storage on OneDrive.
If you’re on a PC, you can also download the Office applications Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Publisher and Access. On a Mac the Office applications include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote. You can use these tools the entire time you are a student at Ohio State. You can install Office on five PCs, or Mac desktops, or laptop computers, five tablets (Windows, iPad and Android) and five phones.
Access Your Files Anywhere
By uploading your files to OneDrive, you can edit your documents on the fly even without one of your personal devices on hand. Need to make a last-minute edit to your essay? If you’ve saved it to One Drive, you can edit it from a library computer and print it out without having to run home for your device.
Office 365 Pro Plus is anywhere you need it to be: your PC or laptop, tablet or phone. Office 365 Pro Plus is available to students enrolled for at least one credit at the College. Each subscription license allows you to run Office 365 Pro Plus on up to 5 devices - Mac, PC, or mobile (iOS, Android, and Windows Phone).
Downloading the Software
- If the user has an Office 365 (or Microsoft 365) subscription and is signed in with a work or school account or if the user has a volume licensed version of Office 2019 for Mac, then the user can't turn off connected experiences that download online content.
- To uninstall Office for Mac 2011 move the applications to the Trash.Once you've removed everything, empty the Trash and restart your Mac to complete the process. Before you remove Office for Mac 2011, quit all Office applications and make sure there's nothing in Trash that you want to keep. Leave Office applications closed while you go through this process.
- Software download for PC and Mac Computers: As the above IT Service Desk page suggests, go to the Download and install or reinstall Office 365 or Office 2016 on a PC or Mac article, which will guide you through the install process. It’s important that you complete the first step before attempting to download the software directly from.
To get this software on your device you have to go through a few setup steps that will link your name.# to your Office 365 account.
- Account Set Up: Login to your BuckeyeMail account and follow the instructions on the Installation of Office for Windows/Mac for Students Knowledge Base article.
- Software download for PC and Mac Computers: As the above IT Service Desk page suggests, go to the Download and install or reinstall Office 365 or Office 2016 on a PC or Mac article, which will guide you through the install process. It’s important that you complete the first step before attempting to download the software directly from Microsoft – you need an account to get it for free.
- Software download for mobile devices: Go to the Mobile Office website and click on your respective operating system. You’ll be asked to enter an email or phone number, which will provide the download link. Be sure that you’ve already completed step 1.
Resources to remember:
- Office 365 Mobile Setup– a list of resources with more specific download instructions for varying devices and applications
Microsoft, the company, and its tools don’t need an introduction. The most widespread of all is Microsoft Office, and for almost three decades, Mac users have had a love-hate relationship with Microsoft 365.
Windows users who recently switched to Mac install it and then look for ways to uninstall MS Office from Windows. Not only that, Mac users do that same.
But then when it comes to deleting Microsoft Office from Mac, it isn’t that simple. So, here’s a quick guide on how to get rid of every component related to Microsoft Office.
For those who want to know more about Microsoft Office here, we go.
What is Microsoft Office?
In simple words, it is the suite of tools that consist of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, etc. To use all these components, you need to get Office 365 subscription and download it from the Mac App Store.
The subscription is annual, and you can install Office apps on several devices.
Why Can’t We Uninstall Microsoft Office 365 And Its Components?
A legit question! When on Windows, you don’t have to do much to uninstall Microsoft Office when on Mac?
Well, Mac is different from Windows; hence, you will have to uninstall it manually. This means by just moving them to Trash; you cannot delete it completely. To remove it entirely, you will have to scrape all the files and look for the junk files and other Microsoft Office files.
If you want to uninstall Microsoft Office 365 the easy way, we recommend using CleanMyMac X. Using the uninstaller module you can delete Office 365 and all its components easily. Moreover, using this best Mac Optimizer you can get rid of junk files, unwanted data, and other cluttered data from Mac.
This easy to use Mac cleanup utility allows you to delete all junk data in one click. To use it, download and install CleanMyMac X. Click the Uninstaller module, run a scan, select all files related to Office 365 and uninstall them.
This way, in just a few clicks CleanMyMac X will remove all unwanted traces.
Precautions You Need to Take Before Deleting Microsoft Office from Mac
Indeed, once Microsoft Office 365 is uninstalled, you will be unable to access Microsoft formats like .doc, .xls, etc. Hence, before removing Office on Mac, make sure you have an alternate way to access these apps.
It can be a third-party app or another system having Office installed and running on it. If this doesn’t work for you, open each file, and export it in .rtf the format. Unless you have everything lined up, do not make the mistake of deleting Microsoft Office on Mac.
In addition to this, remember uninstalling Outlook will remove all the data. So, you need to have a backup plan for that too. If you are already using the IMAP server, there’s nothing to worry, as everything is already secured. However, if the messages and attachments are deleted or use POP3, you need to backup them. This is all that you need to do and be on a safer side.
How to Remove Office From Mac?
To uninstall Office 365 entirely from Mac, each application needs to be uninstalled completely.
Note: The removal process varies from version to version. So, follow the steps accordingly.
Steps to Uninstall Office 2011
1. Head to the Applications folder
2. Choose Microsoft Excel
3. Press the Command key and choose all the components of Microsoft Office like PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
4. Drag them to Trash
5. Now, empty Trash so that all the traces are removed.
This will uninstall Microsoft 365 components like Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word from your Mac.
Steps to Delete Office 365 – 2016
Download Microsoft Office 365 Mac
This one is more complex than the uninstalling Office 2011. Since the files are in different folders, we will need to move all to Trash.
1. Select Microsoft Excel in the Applications folder
2. Press the Command key and select apps like OneDrive, Word, Excel, Outlook
3. Once all these apps are selected, press Control > choose the apps and move them to Trash,
4. Press Command+Shift+G
Word For Mac Office 365 Sign In
5. Now type ~/Library and press Go.
6. Look for the Containers folder and open it
7. Next, look for the following folders:
Note: There’s a possibility that some of these files might not be there.
Microsoft Word For Mac For Office 365
8. Go back to ~/Library by pressing the back arrow and open the Group Containers folder.
9. Search for the following folders:
And move them to Trash
10. Empty Trash.
Note: If you see any Word, Excel, PowerPoint icons in Dock, right-click > Options > Remove from Dock
11. Reboot Mac, and you are all set.
This is it; you have now successfully uninstalled Office 365 from Mac.
Word For Mac Office 365 Download
Note: If you are deleting Office 365 to make some space for important files, try using CleanMyMac X. You won’t regret using this excellent Mac cleaning utility. Once you clean all the errors detected by this utility, you will have gigabytes of free space. Trust me; you won’t even have to uninstall them.
So, use CleanMyMac X and optimize your Mac. It is a much cooler solution, and in a few clicks, you get a clean, error free Mac.
Do let us know how the tool worked for you in the comments section.