How to Port a Game in Wineskin: Hello you got a game that you bought and then it's Only supported for windows fear not there's an Mac app called wineskin winery. In this Instructable I'll teach you how to port a game using this application, I'm gonna use Skitch for most of the ima.
How-To Geek Forums / Tutorials
Wineskin Winery Allows you to run Windows Programs On Mac, It works for apps such as games, however it would be illegal for Microsoft Office etc, be sure to check before you begin. The Wineskin Project is the same as Wine for Linux apart from it is on Mac.
Using Wineskin Winery On Mac
- This feature was added so winery.app can read a local EngineList.txt file, create a text file with that name in the save directory as winery.app this will now override the copy hosted on GitHub, follow the correct Wineskin engine naming style to download Wine to be repacked into Engines.
- Install Wineskin Winery This little gem is quickly becoming my favorite way to use Wine on Mac OS X. Wineskin is simple, fast and it’s easy. Everything is put together for you in a nice tidy little package and it’s all self contained in an.app file. It also has advanced features, so if you want to use a custom compilation of Wine.
[quote]Download Wineskin Winery[/quote]
Visit the Wineskin Winery Download Page and download a copy.
Installing Wine is quite straightforward.
1 – Find where it has downloaded. (Usually Downloads)
2 – Extract the archive with a double click.
3 – Find this File and open it: [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/icon1m.png/][IMG]http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/1615/icon1m.png[/IMG][/URL]
This screen should then appear: [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/138/wine2.png/][IMG]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/3039/wine2.png[/IMG][/URL]
[quote]Creating a Wrapper[/quote]
What is a wrapper? A wrapper is just what a program runs in, it will eventually become your program.
Click Create new blank wrapper, and name it and hit OK: [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/wine3.png/][IMG]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/1074/wine3.png[/IMG][/URL]
You may be prompted by this message like this (usually 2): [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/51/wine4.png/][IMG]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3245/wine4.png[/IMG][/URL]
Just press Install for both.
You should eventually see this screen: [URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/wrapper6.png/][IMG]http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4645/wrapper6.png[/IMG][/URL]
You shouldn’t need to adjust any settings, so press Install Software.
This will then appear:
The next section is just like install software on Windows, If the software is portable, click one of the bottom 2 of 3 option.
Then all you have to do is click show in finder at the end:
Double click on your wrapper.
It will then open:
Congratulations, You have created a wrapper.
If you have any problems, post below.
i have followed the instructions as posted . but when i click on the 'finished' wrapper it just goes to uninstall the game and doesnt actually start the game for me . I am playing stronghold 2 on my mac
Make Sure that you choose the correct file to execute, are you running a portable app or installed app
This topic has been closed to new replies.
Wineskin Winery Mac Tutorial Free
How to Install S & S Windows Applications on a MAC Computer Using Wineskin
Wineskin provides free Windows emulation support to run S & S applications on a MAC.
How To Use Wineskin Mac
What is Wineskin?
Wineskin is a tool used to make ports of Windows software to Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard (or later). The ports are in the form of normal Mac application bundle wrappers. It works like a wrapper around the Windows software, and you can share just the wrappers if you choose (that is the strategy used here). Best of all, it’s free and does not require installation of the Windows OS!
If you are satisfied with this installation process, please consider making a donation to Wineskin in support of the excellent work they do in creating the Wine wrapper engine. A brief video tutorial explaining how to use Wineskin to create a Windows wrapper is provided at the bottom of this webpage. Current Version is v2.6.2.
- Click on the Wineskin download link. The download will start automatically and show up in your downloads tool bar at the bottom of your browser screen as Wineskin Winery.app V…zip. When the download has completed, double click it to open it in a new finder window.
- Double click the download labeled “Wineskin Winery App”
- Once the app has created a new desktop icon, which will show up in the same finder
window as your download, double click on the Wineskin Winery icon.
- This will bring up a security window, asking if you would like to open the Wineskin Winery application which was downloaded from the Internet (even though it is from an unidentified developer), select Open.
- Once the app is installed, it will automatically open. Select the bottom option that says
Create New Blank Wrapper.
- Type in the name of the program you are installing (this set of instructions creates a wrapper for the SewArt application. You should replace SewArt with the name of the program you are installing, such as SewWhat-Pro, SewWrite, etc.). Select OK.
- Once the wrapper is created, go to the S & S product download page for the program you wish to install (for example, click Shop->SewArt to access the SewArt webpage). Click the Download (Mac) version button.
- This will once again create a download in your browser. When the download has finished, if
your settings automatically open the downloaded app, you will receive an alert saying your
computer cannot open the application. Select OK.
- Single click your Downloads folder (in your dock at the bottom of your screen).
- Select the Open in Finder option
- Right click (two finger tap on your mouse pad) the install app
- This will pop up a menu. Hover over the Open With option. Select the Other… option.
- In the window that pops up, type in the Search box the name of the wrapper you created in Step 6 (SewArt in this case).
- Click the box next to the “Always Open With” option
- Double click the wrapper you created in Step 6 (SewArt in this case)
- If your security preferences do not allow for unidentified developers, click OK on the
security alert that pops up. If no security alert pops up, continue to the next step.
- Right click on the install app, and select the Open With then the SewArt option (this will be
based on the name of the wrapper you created in Step 6).
- Select Open in the security alert that pops up.
- The SewArt installer will now open. Select Yes.
- Read the Terms and Conditions, and select Yes to agree and continue with the install.
- Select Close once the install has completed.
- Select OK when the alert box pops up saying the program has been installed.
- Right click on the new icon created on your desktop (.ink) and select Open with then
- Search again for the wrapper you created in Step 6
- Important: To skip this step in the future, select the box next to the option Always Open With.
- Select the wrapper you created in Step 6.
- The program (SewArt in this case) will now open, and you can use it just like you would on a Windows computer!
Use the MAC Download button on the product page to download the zipped S & S application Wineskin Wrapper to the Download folder on your MAC. For example, if you are installing SewWhat-Pro, the zipped wrapper file will be named Wineskin-SewWhat-Pro.app.zip. Unzip it and run it to install the product. You may be prompted that “SewWhat-Pro (or whatever application you are installing) is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?” Select “Open” to continue with the installation. You may have to change your security settings to allow the file to run, as explained here. The Wineskin programs will have a wine colored icon next to the file name after they are installed (see figure below).
Once the installation is successfully completed and you open the application, the S & S product application registration box will open. You may now choose to continue using the product as a Demo or enter your registration information if you purchased a license.
Thanks to Kourtney U. for providing this informative step-by-step set of instructions.