UwAmp is available as a Zip archive, just unpack it and you can run the wamp server. Easy interface UwAmp is provided with a management interface that lets you start or stop the server with one click. Multi PHP Version Change PHP version in one click and download new PHP version directly from php.net repository. Prerequisites- Installation of Wampserver -Before proceeding with the installation of Wampserver, you must ensure that certain elements are installed on your system, otherwise Wampserver will absolutely not run, and in addition, the installation will be faulty and you need to remove Wampserver before installing the elements that were missing.
- Wampserver Php
- Wamp Php 5.2.17 Download 64-bit
- Wamp Change Php Version
- Unattended/automated installation of WordPress on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS
Local Installation Instructions Local Installation Instructions
Use these instruction for setting up a local server environment for testing and development.
Installing WordPress locally is usually meant for the purpose of development. Those interested in development should follow the instructions below and download WordPress locally.
- AMPPS: Free WAMP/MAMP/LAMP stack, with inbuilt Softaculous Installer. Can 1 click install and upgrade WordPress and others as well.
- DesktopServer Limited: Free Windows/Macintosh server, creates multiple virtual servers with fictitious top level domains (i.e. www.example.dev) specifically for working on multiple WordPress projects.
- Mac App Store 1-click install for WordPress Installs a free, self-contained all-in-one bundle of WordPress and everything it needs to run: MySQL/MariaDB, Apache and PHP
- User:Beltranrubo/BitNami Free all-in-one installers for OS X, Windows and Linux. There are also available installers for WordPress Multisite User:Beltranrubo/BitNami_Multisite using different domains or subdomains.
- Instant WordPress is a free, standalone, portable WordPress development environment for Windows that will run from a USB key.
Software Appliance – Ready-to-Use Software Appliance – Ready-to-Use
You may find that using a pre-integrated software appliance is a great way to get up and running with WordPress, especially in combination with virtual machine software (e.g., VMWare, VirtualBox, Xen HVM, KVM).
Another software that can be used is Parallels, which you would have to pay for unlike virtual machine software. It allows you to run both Mac and Windows on your machine.
A software appliance allows users to altogether skip manual installation of WordPress and its dependencies, and instead deploy a self-contained system that requires little to no setup, in just a couple of minutes.
- TurnKey WordPress Appliance: a free Debian-based appliance that just works. It bundles a collection of popular WordPress plugins and features a small footprint, automatic security updates, SSL support and a Web administration interface. Available as ISO, various virtual machine images, or launch in the cloud.
Unattended/automated installation of WordPress on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS Unattended/automated installation of WordPress on Ubuntu Server 16.04 LTS
Unattended installation of WordPress on Ubuntu Serverhttps://peteris.rocks/blog/unattended-installation-of-wordpress-on-ubuntu-server/
You can follow this guide by copy & pasting commands in a terminal to set up WordPress on a fresh Ubuntu Server 16.04 installation with nginx, PHP7, MySQL plus free SSL from LetsEncrypt.
You will not be prompted to enter any credentials or details like in other guides, everything is automated. You can even skip the installation wizard.
If you don’t have IIS on your computer or don’t want to use it, you could use a WAMP Stack :
- WAMP Server or WAMP Server at SourceForge
- AMPPS WAMPStack – has Softaculous WordPress Installer
- EasyPHP – Has WordPress installer plugin
- BitNami WAMPStack – Has WordPress stack
These stacks can be downloaded freely and set up all the bits you need on your computer to run a website. Once you have downloaded and installed WAMP, you can point your browser at localhost and use the link to phpmyadmin to create a database.
Wamp Php 5.2.17 Download 64-bit
Then, in order to install WordPress, download the zip file, and extract it into the web directory for your WAMP installation (this is normally installed as c:wampwww). Finally visit http://localhost/wordpress to start the WordPress install. (Assuming you extracted into c:wampwwwwordpress).
Tip: If you want to use anything other than the default permalink structure on your install, make sure you enable the mod_rewrite module in WAMP. This can be enabled by clicking on the WAMP icon in the taskbar, then hover over Apache in the menu, then Apache modules and ensure that the rewrite_module item has a checkmark next to it. WampServer is a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache2, PHP and a MySQL database. WampServer’s functionalities are very complete and easy to use so we won’t explain here how to use them.
Last update 19 Oct. 2015 | old versionsLicence Free OS Support Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 7 DownloadsTotal: 265,773 | Last week: 72Ranking#1 in Servers & ToolsPublisherRomain Bourdon
Editor's rating:Read the editor's review
Screenshots of WampServer
Wamp Change Php Version
View more screenshots
WampServer Editor's Review
Empower your development team with this easy to admin web server for Windows.
If there's one thing that I know well, its software development and the web. While its not as easy as some people might think, its tools like WampServer that make things a heck of a lot easier than they could be. WampServer is a web based development environment for Windows, and its easy to use and admin.
Having a reliable development environment for your web apps isn't just about a decent XML/HTML editor. You need a web server to help you view your pages and see how they would react in the wild. WampServer is a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache2, PHP and a MySQL databases and then test them to insure they function correctly.
The functionality of a web server is to allow for the surfing or browsing of web pages. In order for that to happen, they have to be served up, or made available to the file browser. This is WampServer's main function. I'm not going to go into additional details here. However, from an administration point, which is where Devs and Dev Managers will be concerned, WampServer’s easy to use.
With a left click on WampServer’s tray icon, you will be able to manage your Apache and MySQL services. This gives your applications access to both web and database services so that specific pages can be displayed and database elements called and written to from them. You can switch services online or offline, giving access to a broader audience or only to the localhost, or I should say, to yourself.
You can install and switch Apache, MySQL and PHP releases, giving you the ability to upgrade and manage the web services running in your applications. You can also manage your server settings and access your server logs.
Pro’s: Easy to use and manage
Con’s: Limited application use – meant for development use only
Conclusion: WampServer is an easy to manage and use web server. Its meant for in-house development use and gives network admins easy access to settings, services and options. If you're looking for a fast, easy to use web server to help you develop web based applications with, this may be the one for you.
WampServer Publisher's Description
WampServer 2.1a includes :
- Apache 2.2.17
- Php 5.3.3
- Mysql 5.1.53 (version 64 bits)
- Mysql 5.5.8 (version 32 bits)
- PhpMyadmin 126.96.36.199
- SQLBuddy 1.3.2
Look for Similar Items by Category
- If you need help or have a question, contact us
- Would you like to update this product info?
- Is there any feedback you would like to provide? Click here