Oct 16, 2020 • Filed to: Photo/Video/Audio Solutions • Proven solutions
Videos are used extensively nowadays for several different purposes. They are utilized for marketing by businesses and in the entertainment industry in the form of movies. The Introduction of high-quality cameras has had a big impact on the utilization and popularity of videos.
One such tool that can be used in this case is Yodot Video Repair. It has got all qualities to repair AVI, XVID and DIVX file successfully on Windows and Mac operating systems. It has got all qualities to repair AVI, XVID and DIVX file successfully on Windows and Mac operating systems. Download the video repair tool archive (.zip), and extract the downloaded archive: a) PC: right-click the downloaded.zip file in Windows Explorer, and choose ‘Extract all’. B) Mac: double-click the downloaded.zip file in the Mac Finder. Then go into the extracted folder. Run the video repair tool. Stellar Phoenix Video Repair Stellar Phoenix Video Repair is the world’s best tool for repairing corrupt or damaged MP4, MOV & other video file formats. Phoenix will fix videos that were corrupted during the shoot, when performing file transfer or while editing, converting or processing files.
You can now shoot videos in great detail. This has created the need for digital video formats that can store large amounts of data in a single file. However, video corruption can happen oftentimes. Here, we will talk about how to repair corrupted videos.
- Part 1. Causes of Corrupted Videos
- Part 2. How to Repair Corrupt Video Files?
- Part 3. 8 Free Video Repair Software to Fix Video
- Part 4. Extra Information on Different Video Formats
Part 1: Causes of Corrupted Videos
Before the video repair process, the following are some of the reasons that can cause these video files to get corrupted.
- Improper conversion of any video from one format to another can cause it to corrupt. If you are using a substandard converter then again the chances of corruption increase manifolds.
- Sudden power loss when you transfer a video from one storage media to another can result in video corruption.
- Operating system issues can also cause videos to corrupt as well. If the operating system encounters a problem while the video was being played then there is every chance that the video will get damaged.
You will need free video repair software to recover the data of the corrupted videos. There are many free video repair software programs available on the internet. You will have to look out for the best free download video repair software, though.
Part 2: How to Repair Corrupt Video Files
The countless free video repair software available online can’t recover data from corrupted videos in a comprehensive manner. Recoverit Video Repair is a free download video repair software program that is capable of repairing corrupted videos of all formats and sizes. It can restore the complete multimedia content of damaged videos and make them as good as new.
- Fixes video corruption issues by rebuilding header, frame, movement, duration, and sound damages.
- Repairs video files like WMV, ASF, MOV, MP4, M4V, 3G2, 3GP and F4V files
- Repairs videos stored on hard drives, memory cards, and other storage media
- Provides preview of the repaired video files in supported file formats.
- Fixes various corruptions of the file on macOS X and Windows OS.
Steps on Corrupt Video File Repair
Here is an instruction manual that is going to walk you through the process of how to repair corrupt video file using the video repair software.
Mac users can turn to another guide for the matched steps: How to repair videos on Mac.
Add Corrupt Video Files
Step 1 With the video repair tool. Click 'Add video and start repairing', or click the 'Add' button to add corrupt video files.
Repair Corrupt Video Files
Step 2 Select corrupt videos from the list and click the 'Repair' button to start repairing the corrupted videos.
Preview and Save Repaired Video Files
Step 3 You can preview all repaired video file and save to the desired location.
The following are some simple but effective tips that can go a long way in preventing video files from getting corrupted.
- Always use a standardized converter for converting different video file formats into one another.
- Invest in backup power. It is best to buy a UPS for this purpose.
- Make sure to update your operating system when a new update is introduced by the developers.
Part 3. 8 Free Video Repair Software to Fix Video
These days, it is simple to record videos and even download them from the internet. The videos can readily be viewed from laptops, televisions, or even smartphones. However, numerous issues related to video file codecs arise especially if specific files get corrupted or damaged. At other times, videos will tend to freeze as we try to play them causing lots of headaches. With the help of ideal free video repair software, you can always take care of these files. Luckily, there are numerous tools available online to help you with this. This part expounds on some of the tools.
It is critical to note that some of the free video repair software tools work with specific codecs while others work for all. They include:
1The VLC Media Player
This is a global free video media player that accepts a wide portfolio of video file formats. While not many realize it yet, this tool is also perfect when it comes to the repair of damaged video files that are in formats like AVI, MOV, MP4, or QTRM. The steps to help you repair your broken video through VLC include:
Step 1 Go to the 'tools' tab of this application and select 'preferences' from the drop-down menu that pops up.
Step 2 After this, you will see a window that allows you to find and click on the 'inputs/Codecs' option.
Step 3 You should scroll down on the sidebar till you reach a selection that states 'Damaged/incomplete AVI file'. A drop-down menu is present and you should select the 'Always Fix' option. Save your preferences and you should be able to play your video without any errors. The corrupted file will have been fixed completely.
At times, your video file will not be salvaged by the VLC Media Player repair procedure. This is particularly the case with AVI format files. Using this video repair software is easy as you are just prompted to drag-and-drop your file into its interface. By manually selecting the ‘Add Files’ option, you can add numerous files and have them repaired simultaneously. Deleting the index section from your videos has been made easy through the ‘Strip Index’ tab. To begin repairing your files, just click the ‘Fix’ option. The ‘Check Errors’ tab to quickly check the file after fixing and you can alternatively cut out the damaged sections. DivFix++ is versatile in that it allows you to save your files in the same location or even in a different folder after you check out the bad parts.
3Digital Video Repair
This is another useful free tool. It comes in handy if you want to fix your corrupt AVI files that have been encoded using DivX, MPEG4, Xvid, 3ivx, or Angel Potions. Hence, issues such as visual disturbances, rough playback, or video quality disruptions are all smoothened out from your AVI files. It stands out from others in this list as it supports multiple languages and caters for large files that even surpass the 2GB mark. The fixing process is simple too. You just need to select ‘input file’ and add the corrupted videos. The ‘check errors’ option is also present and the errors that get detected are reflected on the ‘File Status’ tab. Clicking o the ‘Repair’ button prompts the fixing process.
4MP4 Video Recovery Tool
This is a free video repair software that is uniquely designed for your Windows Operating System. It also repairs files that are in the MP4 format only and hence needs the Java Runtime Environment to fully function. To repair your corrupted MP4 video file, follow the following steps:
Step 1 Get the damaged video from the device by clicking on the ‘Select Corrupt Video File’ on this tool.
Step 2 The next step is to go with the ‘Select Working Video’ option to have a working MP4 file. This is developed by your machine.
Step 3 To fix the damaged file, press the ‘Click My File’ tab. The repair process is prompted and will depend on factors such as the size of the file or even your machine’s speed. MP4 Video Recovery Tool has a graphical user interface where you can view the status of the video being fixed.
At other times, your DivXfiles will not play due to a virus or breakage. Luckily, the DivXRepair video repair software deals with such and at the same time address related issues such as audio loss, image freezing, or pixel discoloration. The tool is automatic and all you have to do is give it time. After you add the damaged files, the tool searches for errors and efficiently resolves them. You can have multiple files fixed and a final report is given after the process is over.
6Get My Videos Back
It is a tool that works with damaged DVDs and CDs. Using the software tool is easy as you simply have to click on the 'Open and Start' tab. The next thing is to select the damaged videos that you want to repair. After selecting the target folder, the process begins. Video Codecs such as FLV, 3GP, AVI, DivX, MPEG, and MP4 can perfectly be recovered and repaired by this tool.
The meteorite is an open-source project that deals with MKV files that have been corrupted. You can also repair MKV files that are actively downloading online. It has a basic layout and all you have to do is drag your videos to the interface. The tool repairs file automatically and also deletes the damaged ones. It is free and readily compatible with Mac OSX, Windows, and Linux.
Finally, File Repair is a diverse video repair software. Also, this tool caters to the repair of formats such as Zip, RAR, DOCX, JPEG, PDF, GIF, PNG, PPT, WAV, and Mp3. The corrupted files and typically scanned after clicking the 'Repair' option. The whole process is observable and after completion, the original file gets reinstated alongside the repaired file.
From the above, it is clear that you do not have to worry when your files get broken or corrupted. There are tonnes of video repair software tools available online and you only need to download one that precisely meets your demand. While they vary with regards to the features, this piece highlighted tools that will not cost you even a dime. Repairing your videos or even files in different formats never got simpler. Read through the above tools to get a glimpse of how each works. Following the procedures stated for each will ensure that your files are safely recovered and repaired for use.
Part 4. Extra Information on Different Video Formats
Various digital video formats have been developed for storing multimedia content of varying sizes and quality. The following is a list of some of the digital video formats that are commonly used for video playback.
- MOV: MOV is the digital video format that has been introduced by Apple. It is supported by several Media Players and MOV video files can run easily on Windows Media Player and QuickTime. MOV video files are capable of storing movies.
- MTS: MTS is the digital video format that was introduced by both Sony and Panasonic. It is supported by a few Media Players only and MTS video files can run easily on Windows Media Player and VLC Media Player. MTS video files are capable of storing HD videos and movies.
- MKV: MKV is the digital video format that was introduced by the Russians. It is supported by a handful of Media Players only but MKV video files can still run without issue on VLC Media Player. MKV videos are capable of storing a lot of multimedia content.
- MP4: MP4 is the digital video format that is an extension for the MPEG-4 file format. It is supported by several Media Player and MP4 videos can run easily on Windows Media Player and QuickTime. MP4 videos are capable of storing compressed videos and movies.
- AVI: AVI is the digital video format that has been introduced by Microsoft. It is supported by several Media Players and AVI videos can run easily on Windows Media Player and VLC Media Player. AVI videos are capable of storing videos and audio content. What are the best methods to repair your AVI files? Here is the ultimate guide for you: How to Fix Not Playing AVI Video Problem.
All of these digital video formats are vulnerable to corruption and damage. It is hardly possible for us to repair the videos without any assistance. That's why you need a video repair program like Recoverit Video Repair. Follow the steps above to repair your corrupted videos now.
Solve Media File Problems
- Recover & Repair Photos
- Recover & Repair Videos
- Recover & Repair Audio
- Recover & Repair Cameras
Fixing corrupted AVI file is no longer a difficult task!!!!
- Instantly repairs AVI, XVID and DIVX video files on Windows and Mac OS
- Fix corrupted AVI files created by famous DSLR cameras or camcorder brands
- Repairs corrupt AVI files present on hard drive, memory card, USB drive, iPod, etc
- Simple and user friendly interface to mend video files in 3 to 4 steps
- Preview video file after the completion of repair process
Why to go for Yodot AVI Repair software for fixing AVI Files?
- Yodot AVI Repair is built has ability to fix corrupted or damaged AVI video files on both Windows and Mac computers
- Along with AVI, it can also repair XVID and DIVX video formats created by any mobile phones, digital cameras and other multimedia device
- It offers free trial version, using which you can evaluate its results and preview repaired video file before restoring
- Features And Scenarios
- System Requirements
- For Mac Screenshots
- For Windows Screenshots
Among the video files, AVI (Audio Video Interleave) is of the primary video file format supported by many digital gadgets. AVI file format contains of both the audio and video data in a single file. However, it often happens that AVI files stored on system or downloaded from the internet gets corrupt and remain in broken state. Media player cannot play such incomplete or corrupt AVI video files and pops up error messages when you try to play them.
If you want to make your videos playable again, then you need to fix them first with the help of perfect AVI file repair software. One such tool that can be used in this case is Yodot Video Repair. It has got all qualities to repair AVI, XVID and DIVX file successfully on Windows and Mac operating systems. This software is able to detect errors and successfully fix AVI file, no matter how simple or complex the corruption scenario is. The steps involved are so simple that any user will be able to complete AVI file repair process on their own.
Steps to use Yodot AVI Repair to fix AVI files?
- Download Yodot AVI Repair software to your Windows or Mac OS
- Install and then run the application by following the simple instructions shown on screen
- The main window ask you to browse the AVI file which is corrupted or damaged
- Browse the corrupt AVI file that you want to repair
- The software starts repairing selected AVI file
- As soon as the repair process gets completed, it shows the result along with the file description
- Now, preview the repaired AVI file to confirm successful repair
- At last save repaired AVI video file in a desired location
Why Yodot AVI Repair Software?
|Repair Video Files|
- It has the potential to repair AVI, DIVX, and XVID file that is corrupt and unplayable on Windows Media Player and Apple QuickTime Player
- Repairs AVI video files of large size
- Truncated or broken AVI files can also be fixed using this software
- Helps to repair different video file formats like AVI, DIVX and XVID in a well organized manner
- Compatible to run on all the latest versions of Windows and Mac OS
- Repairs AVI file recoreded from different storage drives like Camera, mobile and other multimedia players
|Easy to Use|
- Repair process is simplified with an easy to use interface
- Even a novice computer user can operate this to mend corrupt AVI file in few mouse clicks
- The process gets completed very soon and you could preview the repaired file
|Free Demo Version|
- Free demo version for software is available. You can download the application from the main site and checks its performance. If you are satisfied with the results, then you can purchase full version of software to save repaired video file
- Free 24X7 customer support is provided for help. So you may feel free to contact at any time
How AVI Files Gets Corrupt?
- Insufficient Memory: Sometimes the device in which you are recording your video files might have low memory space. You may have not noticed it and continue recording video, which in turn result in corruption
- Codec Issues: AVI files are stored in different Codec formats. Codec structure can get damaged due to power failure or other interruptions while playing or transferring AVI file, leaving video file in corrupt state
- Bad Sectors: There is possibility of AVI files getting corrupted if the storage drive on which you saved AVI files contains bad sectors
- Power Surge: AVI files can damaged if there is sudden fluctuation in power while watching or transferring videos from one storage media to another
- Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard), Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) and Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- Memory - 1 GB RAM and more
- Free Disk Space - 50 MB for Installation
- System Type – Only 64bit OS
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server or Windows 2008 Server
- RAM- Minimum 1 GB RAM,
- Disk Space- Minimum 50 MB for installation
- System Type- Both 32 bit & 64 bit