Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Customers who purchased and registered a copy of Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac from the Parallels Online Store or an authorized reseller on or after August 1, 2020 through September 30, 2020, are eligible for an upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop for Mac at no charge, subject to certain conditions. For details on the Tech Guarantee 2020, please visit the Tech Guarantee page.
Note: : If you have a subscription for Parallels Desktop for Mac, Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition, or Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition, you can upgrade Parallels Desktop to the latest version with the license you own. Download and install Parallels Desktop 16 and use your subscription license for activation.
- You should receive your upgrade key within 7 days after the new version of Parallels Desktop for Mac becomes available. The upgrade key will be sent to the email that was used for registration of your Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac license.
If you have not yet registered your copy of Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac, please register it in your Parallels account.
Uninstalling Parallels For Mac
- Does Windows come pre-installed with Parallels Desktop for Mac?
Windows is not included with your purchase of Parallels Desktop for Mac. Windows can be purchased directly from Microsoft or retail stores. Please visit KB 9003 for additional information.
- Will Parallels run on my current Mac hardware?
A full list of system and hardware requirements can be found here.
- What is the difference between Standard and Pro Editions?
Visit KB 123296.
- What is the difference between a permanent license and a subscription?
Visit KB 122929.
- Can I use my license on multiple Mac computers?
Parallels licenses are valid only on one Mac per license. For more information, please reference www.parallels.com/about/eula/.
- Do you have discounts for Students/Education Staff/offer academic licenses?
Yes. For more information on Education licenses, visit KB 113630.
- Is there a trial version of Parallels Desktop for Mac I can evaluate before purchasing?
Yes, Parallels offers a free 14 day trial at www.parallels.com/products/desktop/trial/
- Install or upgrade to the latest version of Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Visit KB 124250.
- Install Windows in Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Visit KB 4729.
- Migrate my current Windows PC to a Parallels Desktop for Mac virtual machine.
For instructions, visit KB 123929.
- Register and activate Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Visit KB 124225.
- Launch Windows from Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Visit KB 115170.
- Upgrade my license to Pro Edition
Visit KB 123159.
- Install Quicken, MS Office or other software in Windows virtual machine.
Visit KB 119310.
- Learn how to use the Coherence mode.
Visit KB 4670.
- Learn how to use the Parallels Desktop sharing tools.
Visit KB 122567.
- What is Parallels Toolbox?
Visit KB 123903 and KB 124200 to learn about Parallels Toolbox for Mac and for Windows.
- How can I get Parallels Toolbox?
See KB 123902 about Parallels Toolbox for Mac and KB 124202 about the Windows version.
- How do I install Parallels Toolbox?
Visit KB 123904 for information on the Mac version, and KB 124183 to learn how to install the Windows one.
- How to give more hard disk space to a Windows virtual machine?
Visit KB 113972.
- How can I improve virtual machine performance on my Mac?
Visit KB 112091 .
- How to reinstall Parallels Tools in Windows Guest OS?
Visit KB 4841.
- Fix network issues in a Windows virtual machine.
Visit KB 8978.
- Free up disk space on Mac.
Visit KB 123553.
- Fix 'There's not enough disk space available to start the Windows virtual machine.'
Visit KB 10117.
- Fix 'Unable to connect USB device to virtual machine now. Try to connect this USB device later.'
Visit KB 10136.
Uninstalling Parallels For Mac Os
Sure, you could set up your Mac to run Windows with Boot Camp, but that means restarting your computer every time you need to use Windows. Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac lets you install Windows 10 on Mac through a virtual machine in a few simple and easy steps. Since Parallels runs through a VM, you don’t have to reboot your Mac at all. Customers who purchased and registered a copy of Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac from the Parallels Online Store or an authorized reseller on or after August 1, 2020 through September 30, 2020, are eligible for an upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop for Mac. If you have already deleted Parallels Desktop from your Mac, see KB 117333 for instructions to locate the VM on your Mac and then move it to Trash. Restore a virtual machine. To know how to remove a virtual machine from Parallels Desktop but to keep its files for future use, please read this blog post: How to Remove a VMand Bring It Back Again.
Uninstalling Parallels For Mac Installer
Uninstalling Parallels For Mac
- How to Uninstall Parallels Desktop on Mac OS X macOS Mojave - 2019 macOS Mojave macOS High Sierra macOS Sierra.
- If you need to download the Parallels 4.0.dmg file just to get the Uninstall utility from it, here is the link: Parallels 4.0 Download (Just click the Trial download in order to get the.DMG file). Once you have safely uninstalled Parallels 4.0 from your Mac, then run Disk Utility to repair all permissions on your Mac OS X Volume:-RUN DISK.