More specifically, we need to download and run 'Uninstaller Adobe Flash Player' How to uninstall Adobe Flash Player on Mac. We're going this link and downloading the 'uninstall' Flash Player compatible with the macOS version. We allow 'Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller' to run. Click the 'Open' 3. To fully get rid of Adobe Flash Player from your Mac, you can manually follow these steps: 1. Terminate Adobe Flash Player process(es) via Activity Monitor. Before uninstalling Adobe Flash Player, you’d better quit this application and end all its processes.
- Uninstall Flash From Mac
- Delete Flash Player Mac
These instructions are NOT applicable to Flash Player included with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer on Windows 8 and later or with Google Chrome on all supported operating systems. Please visit the Flash Player Help page for instructions on enabling (or disabling) Flash Player in various browsers.
If you use a Mac, see Uninstall Flash Player | Mac.
If Flash Player is installed on your computer, the following box displays the version of Flash Player and your operating system. If Flash Player is not installed, an error message appears.
The Flash Player uninstaller executes on both the 64-bit and 32-bit version of the Windows operating systems.
Save the file in a location where you can find it easily after you restart your computer. For example, save it on your Windows desktop.
Note: To uninstall Flash Player beta, use the corresponding Flash Player beta uninstaller available in Adobe Labs.
2. Exit all browsers and other programs that use Flash
The uninstaller does not work if any programs that use Flash are running on your computer.
Look at the taskbar. If the taskbar contains program icons for a browser or for a game that uses Flash, right-click each icon and choose Close. This example shows a browser in the taskbar:
Look at the icons in the system tray for programs that run in the background. Examples include AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo! Messenger, and games that use Flash (any file with a name that ends in .swf). If you see such an icon, right-click the icon and choose Exit, as shown in this example:
Double-click the icon of the uninstaller that downloaded to your computer.
Follow the prompts. Click Yes if you see the message 'Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?'
Copy and paste the following and click OK.C:Windowssystem32MacromedFlash
Follow steps a, b, and c for the following:
Beginning with Flash Player 11.5, uninstalling the Flash Player resets the AutoUpdateDisable and SilentAutoUpdateEnable settings in mms.cfg to their default values, which are:
If you are running the Flash Player uninstaller as part of your deployment process, redeploy any custom changes that you have made to either AutoUpdateDisable or SilentAutoUpdateEnable.
Open your browser and check the status of Flash Player.
More like this
/Mac Uninstaller /How to Uninstall Flash Player on Mac?
I have a MacBook Pro and I love it to death. I use it for a lot of purposes. More importantly, I use it for surfing the Internet. I recently installed Flash player on my Mac device so I could view some website that has Flash player on it. However, it’s causing a lot of problems on my browsers and sometimes, the MacBook Pro itself. How do I uninstall Flash player on Mac OS X? Please help me.
The following article will teach you to uninstall Flash player Mac step by step.
How to Uninstall Adobe Flash Player on Mac?
- Download and install iMyMac-PowerMyMac on your Mac, then launch it.
- On the top side of the window, choose ToolKit and click Uninstaller.
- Press Scan. The results will display all the applications installed on your Mac device.
- Locate the Flash Player in the list and select it.
- Click on the Clean button to uninstall Adobe Flash Player.
- Confirm the process.
Article GuidePart 1. Should I Delete Flash Player?Part 2. How Do I Completely Remove Adobe Flash Player?Part 3. Manually Removing Flash Player From Mac OS XPart 4. Conclusion
Part 1. Should I Delete Flash Player?
Do I need flash player on my Mac? The news came up that Adobe’s Flash Player has certain vulnerabilities. That’s why a lot of Mac users want to uninstall their Adobe Flash Player on Mac devices. Other people who are not afraid of these vulnerabilities simply want to uninstall their Mac because it displays errors.
Whatever your reason may be, there are various ways to uninstall the Adobe Flash Player on your Mac device. One is the manual way--which can also be very painful and confusing, another is the easy way, with a tool called iMyMac-PowerMyMac’s Uninstaller. Let’s start to uninstall Flash Player on Mac with a Mac Uninstaller.
Part 2. How Do I Completely Remove Adobe Flash Player?
You can also use a tool to completely uninstall apps on Mac including Flash Player. We recommend iMyMac-PowerMyMac to do this. The tool is very easy-to-use. It has an understandable interface that is not complicated. Plus, you can accomplish a lot of things with the tool just with a few clicks. It helps locate all apps or extensions on your Mac device. Hidden extensions that might be causing trouble on your device can be located easily. You can delete or disable these extensions if you want to.
Here’s how to use it to uninstall Flash Player on Mac step-by-step:
Step 1. Download and Install iMyMac-PowerMyMac on Your Mac
- Download iMyMac-PowerMyMac.
- Launch the program.
- On the top side of the window, choose ToolKit and click Uninstaller.
Step 2. Scan The Flash Player on Your Mac
Press Scan. The results will display all the applications installed on your Mac device. Locate the Flash Player in the list and select it. If there are too many applications, the system may run out of applications and slow down your Mac. Thus, it is important to do some cleaning to keep your Mac in good status.
Step 3. Uninstall the Flash Player
Click the Clean button to uninstall Flash Player on Mac and its related files then confirm your action.
Below are the features and advantages of this tool:
- It helps improve the performance of your Mac device.
- It helps you remove unwanted extensions. These extensions might cause your device to slow down. It might cause other troubles as well.
- It’s 100% secure.
- It is free from malware or other viruses that might harm your device. It can be used safely on any Mac device you want.
- It doesn’t distribute any type of information you input into the tool. It protects sensitive information such as usernames, IDs, and passwords.
- It gives you a 30-day money-back guarantee. If you think the tool doesn’t give you what you need, you can ask for a full refund.
- A free trial of the tool is available. This is for the first 500MB of data. You can actually experience the benefits of the tool without having to pay money first.
- A preview of the tool is available before you actually buy it. This allows you to gauge whether the tool is right for you or not.
- Support is available through email. One-on-one support is also available.
- Everything can be managed by you. You are under control. You can choose which extensions to remove and which ones to keep.
Part 3. Manually Removing Flash Player From Mac OS X
There are three steps to uninstall Flash Player on Mac. These steps are filled with substeps. The three main steps are included below:
- Determine the version of your Mac OS.
- Launch the uninstaller suited to your version of Mac OS.
- Verify the completion of the uninstallation process.
Let’s start with the first step.
Step 1 - Determine The Version Of Your Mac OS
Here are steps of how to know the version of your Mac OS:
- Press the Apple icon.
- Select About This Mac
- Check the Mac OS version that appears in the window. It is displayed in the About This Mac dialog.
Step 2 - Launch The Uninstaller Suited To Your Version Of Mac OS
Here’s an important note: Start with Flash Player version 11.5, when you uninstall the Flash Player, it results in the reset of the SilentAutoUpdateEnable an AutoUpdateDisable setting in mms.cfg. It resets these two to their default values:
If you are currently running the uninstaller for Flash Player as a specific part of your process of deployment, you should redeploy custom changes to either of the two, SilentAutoUpdateEnable or AutoUpdateDisable.
Step 2.a. - Running The Uninstaller On macOS and Mac OS X 10.4 (And Future Versions)
Here are steps of how to uninstall Adobe Flash Player on Mac OS X 10.4 (and future version):
Step 2.a.1. - Download the uninstaller for Adobe Flash Player depending on your Mac OS version. If you have Mac OS X version 10.6 and above, download it here. If you have Mac OS X 10.4 and 10.5, download it here.
Step 2.a.2. - Open the uninstaller using your browser. You can also locate it in the folder where it was placed after the download and open it from there.
Step 2.a.3 - When the uninstaller is opened, press Uninstall.
Step 2.a.4. - Copy this guide (on notepad) or print it so you can use the next part of the instructions after you close the browser.
Step 2.a.5. - Close all browsers. You can do this by manually closing each browser or by clicking the browser name displayed within the Uninstaller dialog. Then, press Retry.
Step 2.a.6. - The uninstaller will then continue the process until it is complete. When the process is finished, click Done.
Step 2.a.7. - Delete the directories named as follows:
Step 2.b. - Running The Uninstaller On Your Mac OS X 10.1 Up To 10.3
Here are steps of how to uninstall Adobe Flash Player on Mac OS X 10.1 up to 10.3:
- Download the uninstaller for Adobe Flash Player here.
- Launch the uninstaller by locating it in the browser’s download folder or opening it in its destination file.
- When the uninstaller opens, press Continue.
- Copy this guide (on notepad) or print it so you can use the next part of the instructions after you close the browser.
- Close every browser open. Close all applications that use Flash player such as SWF files, projectors (.exe files that play SWF files), instant messaging apps, etc.
- Wait till uninstallation is finished.
Step 3 - Verify The Completion Of The Uninstallation Process
You can verify the completion of the uninstallation process through these steps:
- Restart the Mac device.
- Open your browser and check out the status of your Adobe Flash Player here.
Part 4. Conclusion
Flash Player has vulnerabilities and can also cause problems on your computer. Some people want this tool, some people don’t. Thus, if you want to uninstall Flash Player on Mac device, you can do it manually. You can also use iMyMac PowerMyMac’s Uninstaller to do it easily. You can use this guide to remove your Flash Player and get rid of the unwanted extension.
ExcellentThanks for your rating.
Rating: 4.6 / 5 (based on 75 ratings)
People Also Read:
A powerful all-in-one App for Mac
jack miller2020-10-14 16:55:08
Uninstall Flash From Mac
SWF is an Adobe Flash file format used for multimedia, vector graphics it is small web format SWF is used for adobe flash player to play videos Gifts etc Programmers can generate SWF files from within several Adobe products, including Flash ,flash builder
I've always wanted to uninstall flash player and been seeking for alternative for a while. Thanks a lot for your advice!
Thanks for your support!
Powerful Uninstall Software on Mac
Delete Flash Player Mac