- Since you have it and went to the trouble of updating it, Try using StuffIt Expander (launch Expander, drag the file to it) instead of BOMArchiveHelper (which you get from double-clicking the file). BOMArchiveHelper breaks on some zip files, even those without passwords.
- StuffIt Deluxe for Mac. And I would only bother to download StuffIt Expander 13 at such time as you run into a StuffIt archive (if ever these days) and it won't expand without version 13.
- StuffIt Expander is a file compression and expansion utility that can handle a number of different file archive formats. It's a free app available from the App Store and several other Web sites.
- StuffIt Expander is a proprietary, freeware, closed source, decompression software utility developed by Allume Systems (a subsidiary of Smith Micro Software formerly known as Aladdin Systems). It runs on the classic Mac OS, macOS, and Microsoft Windows. Prior to 2011, a Linux version had also been available for download.
Stuffit free download - StuffIt, StuffIt Expander, StuffIt Expander, and many more programs.
This content has been archived, and is no longer maintained by Indiana University. Information here may no longer be accurate, and links may no longer be available or reliable.
StuffIt has two applications for Mac OSand Mac OS X for decoding stuffed files: StuffIt Deluxe andStuffIt Expander. StuffIt Deluxe is a commercial productavailable from Smith Micro.StuffIt Expander is freeware and is bundled with someversions of Mac OS and Mac OS X. If you do not have it, you may download this program fromSmith Micro's StuffIt Expander web site.
Stuffit Expander Windows 10
StuffIt Expander and StuffIt Deluxe can access the following fileformats:
Using StuffIt Deluxe
If you drag and drop a stuffed archive over the StuffItDeluxe icon, a window will open that contains the contents of thestuffed archive. Drag items out of the window or double-clickthem to unstuff them. This allows you to unstuff only parts of thearchive rather than the whole archive.
Stuffit Expander 16
Stuffit Expander Mac Os 9
Using StuffIt Expander
You can decode a compressed or encoded file with StuffIt Expander in several ways:
- Double-click the icon of the file. On many systems, StuffItExpander will launch and decode the file.
- Using your mouse, click and hold the icon of the file, and dragit over the icon of StuffIt Expander. When StuffIt Expander's icondarkens, release the mouse button. StuffIt Expander will open anddecode the file, and then quit.
- Double-click StuffIt Expander's icon, and wait for it to open.From the File menu, select Expand, and in the windowthat appears, find the file you want to decode. StuffIt Expander willthen decode the file.
- With StuffIt Expander open, from the Window menu, selectDrag Window. To expand your file, drag it into the
Expander window that opens.
Once StuffIt Expander has finished, it usually places the decoded filein the same folder as the original version. However, if none of theabove options work, your file may be corrupt.
Note: To correctly decode MacBinary IIIfiles, you must have version 5.0 or later of StuffIt Expander. Olderversions will work to some extent, but cannot extract icon badges orrouting information from MacBinary III.