Before you begin
Nov 21, 2018 Mac mini Hard Drive or SSD Purchase Options. In theory, just about any hard drive or SSD that meets the minimum requirements should work in the Mac mini. However, it always is best to buy from a trusted company with Mac knowledge for the most trouble-free experience. Apr 10, 2018 Mac Mini (All Models) iMac (All Models) iMac Pro (All Models) Mac Pro (All Models) This means that the Mac models you can’t upgrade the hard drive in are: Retina MacBook (All Models) MacBook Pro 13” (2016-2017) MacBook Pro 13” with Touch Bar (All Models) MacBook Pro 15” with Touch Bar (All Models). Upgrade nearly any Apple computer for faster speeds and more flash storage. SSD upgrade kits include all tools needed to safely upgrade your Mac. OWC 500GB Electra 6G SSD DIY Upgrade Bundle For 2011, 2012 Mac Mini, includes Data Doubler, 5-piece Installation ToolKit Model #: DD1MMSSDE500 Item #: 9SIAKBE9DE5320.
Crucial Memory and SSD upgrades - 100% Compatibility Guaranteed for apple Mac mini (2020) - FREE US Delivery.
To minimize the possibility of damage to the computer components due to static discharge, it's important to wear an antistatic wrist strap while you work with your computer's memory.
Choose your model
Mac mini models have different memory (RAM) installation requirements. Choose your Mac mini model for more information. If you need help determining which Mac mini you have, find out how to identify Mac mini models.
Mac mini (2018)
Mac mini (Late 2014)
Mac mini (Late 2012)
Mac mini (Mid 2011)
Mac mini (Mid 2010)
Mac mini (Late 2009)
Mac mini (Early 2009)
Mac mini (Mid 2007)
Mac mini (Late 2006)
Mac mini (Early 2006)
Mac mini (Original)
Mac mini (2018) does not have user-installable RAM. You can configure the memory in your Mac mini (2018) when you purchase it. To upgrade the memory in your Mac mini (2018), go to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Mac mini (Late 2014) has memory that is integrated into the main logic board and can't be upgraded.
2012, 2011, 2010
To remove and install memory in your Mac mini (Late 2012), Mac mini (Mid 2011), or Mac mini (Mid 2010), use the following steps.
Remove the bottom cover
Ssd Upgrade For Mac Mini 2010
- Turn off your Mac mini. From the Apple menu (), choose Shut Down.
- Disconnect the power cord and all other cables from your Mac mini.
- Lay your Mac mini upside down on a soft cloth or towel, and then rotate the bottom cover counterclockwise to the unlocked position.
- Press on the cover to pop up the opposite side, and then remove the cover.
Remove the original memory modules
- Gently spread the clips at the ends of the top memory module just enough to let the free edge pop up.
- Pull the module out of the slot.
- Repeat to remove the second, bottom module.
Install the new memory
- Carefully press the notched edge of the new memory module into the bottom slot while keeping the opposite edge slightly raised.
- Press down on the raised edge until the clips snap into place.
- Repeat to install the top memory module.
Replace the bottom cover
Don't connect the power cord or turn on your Mac mini until you replace the bottom cover. Never operate your Mac mini without the cover in place.
- Replace the bottom cover using the alignment dots to place it in the unlocked position.
- Rotate the cover clockwise to lock it in place.
- Reconnect the power cord and any other cables you disconnected.
After you install the memory, confirm that your Mac mini sees the new memory.
2009 and earlier
Upgrade Ssd For Mac Mini 2018
To remove or install memory in the following Mac mini models, go to an Apple Authorized Service Provider.
Confirm that your Mac sees the new memory
Best Ssd For Mac Mini 2014 Upgrade
To check that the computer recognizes the new memory:
- Start up your computer.
- When you see your desktop, choose Apple () menu, then choose About This Mac.
- Confirm that the memory listed matches the memory you installed.
Ssd Drive For Mac Mini
If the reported memory size isn't correct or if your Mac mini repeatedly plays three tones, it may be having trouble recognizing a memory module. If this happens, shut down your Mac mini, verify the module specifications against the requirements for your Mac mini model, and then repeat the memory installation instructions to make sure that the modules are installed correctly. If you still have issues, remove the memory and consult the support information that came with the memory, or contact the vendor who provided the memory.