- Quicktime Codecs For Mac
- Quicktime For Mac Avi Codec Media Player
- Quicktime Codec Download
- Quicktime Wmv Codec Mac
- Quicktime For Mac Avi Codec Download
- Quicktime Wmv Codec
- Avi Codec For Mac Quicktime 1: MpcStar; MPCSTAR is a package of video player and many codecs.MPCSTAR is a package of video player and many codecs.It contains a user-friendly player and carefully selected codecs to support various video formats.
- Faasoft AVI to QuickTime Converter is an all-in-one AVI to QuickTime Converter which not only supports various kinds of AVI videos, but also absolutely ensures the converted files are compatible with QuickTime. Better yet, Faasoft AVI to QuickTime Converter has two versions: Mac.
Perian is a free, open source, QuickTime component that supports many popular media types, including AVI, DivX, and XviD. Perian - The swiss-army knife of QuickTime® components A notice to. XviD codec for Mac OS X (5KB) XviD codec for Mac OS 8/9 (3KB) The.sit file contains a QuickTime component, which delegates the playback of XviD videos to the DivX codec installed on your system. To install the XviD delegate component on Mac OS X, put the XVIDDelegate.component file in the /Library/QuickTime folder and then reboot. The 32-bit version of PowerPoint 2010 can play an.mp4 or.mov file only if the computer has a QuickTime Player installed. Supported video file formats in PowerPoint 2016 for Mac, PowerPoint 2019 for Mac, and PowerPoint for Microsoft 365 for Mac. AVI movie (Some.avi files may require additional codecs).avi or.vfw.
by Brian Fisher • Feb 27,2020 • Proven solutions
Why Do You Need a MP4 Codec for QuickTime?
QuickTime can handle different video, sound and picture formats on Mac devices. It contains some of the popular codecs such as JPEG, DV, and MPEG4. However, you may find that it does not play some formats of MP4. This is because QuickTime only supports some of the MP4 video and audio codecs. Therefore, you may find that if you have MP4 files that QuickTime does not support, they will not play. This means that to play MP4 files that are not supported by QuickTime, there is a requirement to convert them to a supported format. You will need an MP4 codec for QuickTime.
Get the Best MP4 Codec for QuickTime on Mac
UniConverter is the best MP4 codec that can enable playing of MP4 videos on Mac devices. The converter is a tool used to convert videos and audio from one format to another. In this case, it can convert the MP4 files on your Mac device to a format that is recognized by the media player. Other than converting, the software can also be used for editing videos, burning DVDs and downloading audio and video files from various sharing sites.
UniConverter - Video Converter
Most Useful Software to Convert MP4 Videos for QuickTime:
- Convert MP4 videos to QuickTime compatible format with only three steps.
- It converts videos at 90 times faster while maintaining the original quality and it supports different input and output formats.
- Download online videos: It can download videos from various video sharing sites such as Hulu, Youtube and Facebook as well as convert them directly for use on the desired device.
- Burn MP4 videos to DVD, or copy your DVD file as a backup as needed.
- Edit your MP4 videos before conversion.
- Keep the original video quality after conversion.
- Perfectly compatible with macOS 10.7 or later, macOS 10.12 Sierra included.
3,981,454 people have downloaded it
Step-by-step Guide to Convert MP4 Videos to QuickTime Compatible Format with iSkysoft
Step 1. Import MP4 Files
There are two ways you can import videos that you want to be converted to the program. You can drag the files to be converted to the window. You should note that if you add a folder, all the files inside will be included for conversion. You can also hit the 'Files' button and then choose 'Load Media Files' to do this.
Step 2. Set Output Format
Choose the output format you prefer and that can be played by QuickTime. The program supports more than 150 formats that are in six categories. Go to the right category and chose the format. Here, we recommend you to choose 'MOV'.
Step 3. Convert
Convert your file by clicking the 'Convert' button. You will now get videos or audio that can be played using QuickTime. When the conversion is complete, you will get a message prompting if to open the folder.
| Convert Videos/Audios || You can convert MP4 to various formats. Formats supported include AVI, MP4, MOV, NUT, NSV, WebM, MKV, M2TS, TS, VOB, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, MP3, AIFF, WAV, and so on. |
| Download Online Videos || Feel free to download your videos from websites such as Facebook and YouTube. You can directly download them within the program and then directly convert them into formats that you need. |
| Video Editing || The program provides you with various editing tools. You can crop, trim or rotate your videos freely. Moreover, you can also add watermark and subtitles to your videos. |
| Burn to DVD || You can burn your MP4 files onto DVD so as to enjoy them on big-screen TV. You can also convert your downloaded videos and then directly burn them to DVD. |
by Brian Fisher • Jul 24,2019 • Proven solutions
QuickTime player can't open AVI?
AVI is among the most widely used file formats for videos today, but for Mac users, it's always not so easy to play AVI file with QuickTime player, especially when you have upgraded to the latest macOS 10.15 Catalina. Why can't QuickTime play AVI videos? As a container format, AVI is not a specific type of file and there is no single codec for videos with .avi externsions. This is the reason why you can't play AVI movies with Quicktime on Mac.
So how to play AVI on Mac?
Luckily, here are some simple solutions that allow you to play AVI on Mac. Choose the best AVI player for Mac from the introduction below!
- Part 1. How to Play AVI Files on Mac(Fast & Guaranteed!)
Part 1. How to Play AVI Files on Mac
QuickTime player can't open AVI? Take it easy. Now with UniConverter, you can freely play any video on QuickTime after converting videos to compatible format like MOV. It makes the issue that QuickTime can't play AVI quite simple.
Best Video Converter - UniConverter
Get the Best AVI to QuickTime Video Converter:
- Convert all popular formats: Convert your AVI file up to 150+ video and audio formats, like MOV, M4V, FLV, MKV, MP4, VOB, etc.
- Optimized Presets: Directly convert files to fit iPhone, iPad, Android phones and tablets, even Game Console devices, etc.
- Transfer to Devices: Easily transfer converted video or audio to mobile devices with USB cable.
- Download Video: Capture or download any online video with the supplied media downloader from websites like YouTube, Vevo, Netflix, etc.
- Custom Video: Personalize videos with diversified video editing tools like crop, trim, add effects, watermark, subtitles, etc.
- Supported OS: Fully compatible with macOS up to the latest macOS 10.15 Catalina, and Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
How to Play AVI Video with QuickTime Player on Mac
How to Convert AVI to QuickTime MOV for Playback on Mac in Steps
Step 1. Import AVI to the QuickTime Converter
After launching the program, open the local folder where you've saved the AVI file, then drag and drop it to the main interface of the program. The file will be imported immediately. Alternatively, you can click the 'Add Files' button to import your AVI files or load from your mobile devices by the drop-down icon beside.
Step 2. Select an Output Format
Quicktime Codecs For Mac
To play AVI in QuickTime without hassle, you can convert AVI to MOV, MP4, or other QuickTime supported formats. Then select it from the 'Video' tab in the format tray to set it as target output, where you could also set encode settings like bitrate, frame rate, resolution, encoder, etc.
Step 3. Start Converting AVI to QuickTime Supported Format
Simple click the 'Convert' button in each video clip or 'Convert All' at botton right to convert all the imported videos, and the program will start processing the conversion. Then you will be able to play AVI files on Mac without any limitation.
Part 2. Free Online AVI to QuickTime MOV Converter
Are you looking for the best way to convert AVI to Quicktime MOV online? Well, it is simple as pie. With media.io, you can convert AVI to QuickTime within a few steps as shown below.
Step 1. Go to media.io website on your browser.
Step 2. When on the website click on “Add your Files” icon which allows you to access your local folder and upload your AVI file.
Step 3. After uploading the AVI file, you need to set its output file type. Click on “Convert to” and choose “Video” option.
Step 4. From there, move to the next step and choose the output format. Select “MOV” format from the list.
Step 5. Next, click on “Convert” icon, which prompts the program to begin to convert AVI file to MOV immediately. When the conversion process is complete, you can download the MOV format to your computer.
Part 3. 5 Other Solution to Play AVI on Mac
1. QuickTime Component: Perian
Quicktime Codec Download
The QuickTime player is mostly used in macOS, if you don't want to use the first solution to convert the AVI files to QuickTime compatible formats, you can try this solution.
Note: This method doesn't 100% work guaranteed.
Perian, is a great open-source QuickTime component that allows playback of different video formats that cannot be played natively on your Mac computer. If you want to use QuickTime as your main video player, you may choose to download Perian because it provides the necessary codecs or components that will allow you to play AVI on Mac. If you have QuickTime 7, you may be glad to discover that it can actually play AVI files without needing any additional plug-ins and codecs.
What you need to know before downloading Perian:
- The latest version 1.2.3 of Perian doesn't work on macOS Mavericks because Perian requires installation of quicktime 7, which doesn't exist for Mavericks. It also doesn't work on Mountain Lion.
- With a Mac running macOS 10.7, say, Lion, you have to downgrade to the previous version, say 1.2.2. The version of 1.2.3 of Perian does not support QuickTime 10 in Lion and fails to fix the loss of audio after one second in xvid files with ac3.
- Before installing Perian, you need to remove all QuickTime Components installed on your Mac, like FFusion, Xvid Delegate, 3ivX, DivX, DivX Decoder, XviD, msmpeg4v1, msmpeg4v2, AviImporter, EX_M4S2, Casio AVI Importer, AC3 Codec, and MatroskaQT.
- For a Mac running Mountain Lion or later, converting AVI video to QuickTime is highly recommended.
2. Elmedia Player: Universal Media Player
Flared with meeting user’s expectations, Elmedia Player is a renowned multi-media player amongst the users for playing high quality AVI files on Mac. Elmedia is equipped to compatibly work down with a good range of formats such as MOV, FLAC, FLV, MP4, AVI and others over your MAC device. This versatile AVI player ensures to display videos and their subtitles in a very good quality without sacrificing the state of the video played on your Mac. Elmedia ensures to maintain the speed of the playback music, adjust the image on the screen and play/pause the video in a continuous loop. With this media player, you get the leverage of making adjustments over the audio by controlling the audio equalizer. Users can even view videos in an amazingly clear HD, all thanks to its hardware accelerated decoding imbibed in the software.
3. VLC Media Player
VLC Media Player is one of the popular open source multimedia player that can easily play AVI files available on your Mac without having to spend a penny from your pocket. Not only can you play the AVI files but tune into your DVD, audio CD’s, VCD’s and other popular streaming formats using this media player. VLC Media Player ensures to process the video in a very high speed due to its good hardware decoding. Any user can easily make use of this free application as it is very user friendly and has a robust interface. Moreover, this multimedia player allows users to fully control the media files by defining subtitles on your videos, setting audio and video preferences and maintain the processes of playing the soundtracks etc. You can even synchronize subtitles and audios over the video to make it more enhancing and appealing.
4. Macgo Mac Media Player
MacGo Mac Media Player is a Windows/iOS friendly Media Player which can slay its users by providing a magnificent definition of 1080P/4K Video and a whopping audio system of DTS 5.1. With such ultra- functionality, you can trouble-free play AVI on Mac and experience the feel of a home theater right from your Mac. With Macgo, users are not limited to playing AVI files but access the view for MP3, WMA, MPEG, VideoCD and the list goes on and on. Not only that, Macgo is one of those ideal players that ensure to keep their users updated with the minutest upgrades and services. One can even play the internal and external subtitles simultaneously over the selected AVI file. Plus, one needn’t to worry about the quality being affected as Macgo balances the quality and filters together.
5. DivX AVI Player
Quicktime Wmv Codec Mac
The last in our list for best AVI player is DivX- a user friendly media player for conveniently playing the AVI files on your Mac. DivX ensures to give excellent audio-video visual to the users. Its exceptionally powerful playback features include desktop dimmer, window fade and a full screen option can easily skyrocket the level of the AVI file. One of the rarest features that are not found in other media players is that there is a provision of burning any range of media file into discs but with DivX you can. Moreover, the users can also stream an array of videos, audio, music and photos to DLNA based home/remote devices. The AVI file can be redefined by setting the bitrate, video resolution and the size of the file.
Tips: Switch to Other Media Player for AVI Playback
Quicktime For Mac Avi Codec Download
The VLC media player, is an excellent open-source media player that is known for supporting a wide range of audio and video files. Unlike other media players which have limited format-support, you will be surprised that VLC can play a video or audio file that you didn't even know existed. If your OS is Snow Leopard or higher, installing VLC is definitely a good choice especially if you only plan on watching AVI files on your computer.
Quicktime Wmv Codec
Cons of this AVI player (VLC media player):
- VLC player doesn't play AVI videos with high qualities.
- VLC player doesn't support Mavericks.