A notice to all of our users and supporters
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. Get it for PowerPC or 32bit Intel. Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger. Mac OS X 10.4.7 or later is required. Get it for PowerPC or Intel. Mac OS X 10.3 Panther. QuickTime 6.5.2 or later is required. Get it for PowerPC. Mac OS X 10.2 Jaguar. Get it for PowerPC.
- QuickTime, the default player on Mac, is an excellent application for watching videos, but it doesn't support a wide range of formats. Perian is an app that increases the number of formats QuickTime is able to play. After you install Perian, QuickTime can play popular formats like AVI, FLV, MKV, MPEG, and DIVX, for example.
- Perian is a third party application that provides additional functionality to OS X system and enjoys a popularity among Mac users. However, instead of installing it by dragging its icon to the Application folder, uninstalling Perian may need you to do more than a.
Perian Mac版可播放所有常见格式，谷歌新推的 WebM/VP8，MKV 格式，以及一大堆的无损视频格式。有了Perian Mac版，结合QuickTime是苹果自家程序，系统整合紧密，视频加速效率非常高。 Perian Mac版支持的AVI中的如下格式：h.264, mpeg4, AAC, AC3 Audio, and VBR MP3。. Perian is a free, open-source QuickTime component for the Mac. It allows you to play video formats that are not natively supported by the Mac on QuickTime and any other player that uses QuickTime, such as iTunes or Front Row.
We began the Perian project over 6 years ago. We wanted to simplify viewing your content. Our team has attained that goal and with that in mind, Perian will be retired soon. Our stewardship has been a blast but it's time for all of us to move on.
From the beginning we kept Perian simple. Our preferences were minimal, updating was easy, and we gradually grew the product to add in extras like subtitles and different formats. We've contributed a lot. Today, Perian stands as complete as it ever will be under our stewardship.
There are some projects that we never got to. As an example, we would have liked an official, flexible, and well-documented import API to speed up MKV. We hit a brick wall there. Still, we reached a great stopping point and Perian's installed userbase proves how valuable this tool became to so many people.
Starting 90 days after the final Perian release, we will no longer provide support. We'll wrap up our loose ends, pack up our bags, and move on to new and exciting projects.
Persian Download Mac Free
Here's what our roadmap looks like:
Persian 123 For Mac
- We will soon release the final version of Perian, including all the fixes we've worked on since the last release. It may -- or may not -- work on 10.8.
- We will post the source code to either Google Code or Github.
Here's what we're looking for from you, our users
- Download Niceplayer , it's pretty great -- and those folks are doing a fantastic job.
- Support each other on our Google Group list . We mean this. Just because we aren't helping anymore on a regular basis, that doesn't mean that you can't.
- Are you a developer? Pick up where we left off. Join us on #perian on irc.freenode.net. Yeah, we're all pretty busy -- so stick around after asking your question. You may have to wait a bit for an answer. Chalk it up to asynchronous tech support.
- Want to donate? We appreciate the thought. It's hard times these days and your money will make a bigger impact elsewhere. Consider Child's Play , Ronald McDonald House , or the EFF . We no longer accept donations.
A final word: If and when Perian stops working, try looking into VLC or MPlayer OS X. Sure, they're not Perian, but they offer great software still under development.
Thanks for all of your support over the years. It has meant a lot to all of us.
Persian Free Mac
PS We would like to thank Erica Sadun for helping us write this letter, and for general guidance.