Use the latest version of macOS
The first step is to make sure that you're using the latest version of macOS. Back up your important information and then update the software on your Mac.
Check your sound settings
No Sound For My Mac Os
If you still can't hear sound from the internal speakers after updating your computer's software, check your sound settings.
Mac No Sound Output
First, disconnect any external audio devices from your computer. Also disconnect any cables from the USB, Thunderbolt, or 3.5mm audio ports.
If there is no sound / volume / speakers on your MacBook MacBook Pro iMac and all other Mac ranges there are certain steps you can follow to fix these issues. If you can’t hear sound from your Mac speakers. First, make sure any volume controls in the app you’re using aren’t turned all the way down. Also, try playing a different audio file, CD, or DVD, or try playing the file or disc on another computer or media player to isolate the problem. Then, try the following solutions.
No Sound For My Macbook Pro
- From the Apple menu , choose System Preferences.
- Click Sound.
- Click the Output tab, then select the built-in speakers. If you don’t see built-in speakers as an option in the Output window, contact Apple Support.
- If the Output volume slider is set low, move the slider to the right and test again.
- If the Mute checkbox is selected, deselect it and test again.
- If you still don’t hear any sound, contact Apple Support.