If you want to know how to download and install Forge in Minecraft 1.15.2, this is the video for you. I go over every single step of getting Forge for Minecr. In this video, I show how to install Forge for Minecraft 1.8.9 on a Mac. Please support by liking, sharing, and subscribing! Forge 1.8.9: http://files.minecr. Make Sure You Have Already Installed Minecraft Forge. Download and install Minecraft Forge.
Want to use mods on Minecraft, but you are stuck with a Minecraft Forge installation problem on your computer?
Minecraft Forge is an open-source modding API and loader designed to simplify compatibility across community-created games on Minecraft Java Edition. However, there are some users that are experiencing problems while installing the modding platform on their device.
If you are also experiencing this kind of problem when installing Minecraft Forge on your computer, then you’ve come to the right place.
Today, we are going to show you how you can successfully install the Minecraft Forge API on your device.
Let’s get started.
1. Check Minecraft Forge Version.
The first thing that you should check if you are having problems installing Minecraft Forge on your computer is the version of the software that you are installing. Minecraft Forge requires that you install the same version of Minecraft: Java Edition to your computer for it to run properly.
If you are installing Minecraft Forge version 1.12, then you should also have the Minecraft: Java Edition 1.12 installed on your computer. You can verify this by going to Minecraft’s main screen. The version of the game would be indicated at the lower-left portion of the screen.
Now, once you know the version of Minecraft: Java Edition installed on your computer, go to Minecraft Forge official website and download the version that matches the version of Minecraft: Java Edition installed on your computer.
Also, make sure that you download the correct version for your operating system. If you are using a 64-bit version of Windows make sure that you also use the x64 version of Minecraft Forge installer and x86 for a 32-bit version of Windows.
2. Update Java on Your Computer.
One of the most common causes of Minecraft Forge installation problems is outdated Java software installed on your computer.
Minecraft is built around Java and if your system is not running the latest version of it, then it can cause performance issues including problems with installation of mods.
To update the Java software on your computer, you can follow the steps below.
- On your computer, press on the Windows Key + S on your keyboard and search for Java.
- Next, click onConfigure Java to open its Settings.
- Lastly, go to the Update tab and click onUpdate Now.
Wait for the update to complete, then try installing Minecraft forge on your computer to see if the installation problem would still occur.
Now, if updating the Java software on your computer did not solve the issue, then you can proceed to the next method below.
3. Temporarily Disable Your Security Firewall.
Since Minecraft Forge is a modding platform for Minecraft, it can be falsely detected by your firewall as a malicious program since it is trying to change or mod system files of the actual Minecraft game. To bypass this, you can temporarily disable your system firewall until you have installed Minecraft Forge on your computer.
You can follow the steps below to guide you through the process.
Minecraft Forge Install Mod Mac
- Press onWindows Key + S on your keyboard and search for Windows Firewall.
- Now, click on Open to launch theWindows Defender Firewall menu.
- After that, click onTurn Windows Defender On or Offon the side menu.
- Lastly, selectTurn Off Windows Defender Firewall and clickOKto save the changes.
Now, you can try installing Minecraft Forge on your computer to check if the installation problem would still occur after disabling Windows Firewall.
4. Reinstall Java on Your Computer.
The next thing that you should do if you are still having problems installing Minecraft Forge on your computer is to reinstall the Java software. It is possible that the current Java software installed on your computer got corrupted during use or it is not installed properly.
To ensure that you have a fresh copy of the Java software, it is best that you uninstall Java first, then redownload it on your computer.
- On your computer, press the Windows Key + S and search for the Control Panel.
- Now, open the Control Paneland click on Uninstall a Program.
- After that, scroll down and find the Java software from the list of programs installed on your computer.
- Lastly, right-click on Javaand click onUninstall.
Now, after uninstalling Java on your computer. You can go to their official website and download the latest version of Java and install it on your computer.
After that, try installing Minecraft Forge on your computer to check if you would still encounter Minecraft Forge installation problems.
5. Use Command Prompt to Launch the Installer.
Another thing that you can try is to install Minecraft Forge using the Command Prompt on your computer. Command Prompt is used to perform advanced administrative tasks and usually has more system privileges compared to using the normal file explorer on your computer.
To install Minecraft Forge using the command line, you can follow the step-by-step guide below.
- On your computer, go to theDownloadsfolder and find theMinecraft Forgeinstallation file.
- Next, rename the forge-installer.JAR file toforge.JAR.
- After that, hold the left-shift key on your keyboard and right-click on the menu.
- Now, click onOpen PowerShell Window Here.
- Lastly, type java -Xnx2G -jar forge.jar? and hitEnter.
Now, this will launch the Minecraft Forge installer. Follow the on-screen prompts to install the program on your computer.
However, if the installation still failed after using the Command Prompt. You can proceed to the last method below to try and fix the issue with Minecraft Forge installation.
6. Check Your Internet Connection.
The last thing that you should do if you are having problems installing Minecraft Forge on your computer is to check if you have a stable internet connection.
Even if you already download the installer on your computer, Minecraft Forge would still need to download several library files for the installation process to complete.
However, if you have an unstable internet connection, then the installer might have difficulty downloading the library files which causes the Minecraft Forge installation problem.
To verify this, you can try doing a speed test to check if you are getting the correct speed bandwidth from your ISP (Internet Service Provider). You can try using a third-party website like Fast.com (Provided by Netflix) which can effectively measure both your upload and download speed to verify if there is an underlying issue.
Now, if your speed test result comes out slow or not close to the specified internet speed bandwidth based on your monthly subscription. You can try restarting your internet router.
To do this, locate and remove the power cable of your router which is typically located at the back, then wait for at least 5 – 10 seconds before plugging back the power cable. Now, perform another speed test to check if you are getting the correct internet speed from your ISP.
However, if the issue still persists after restarting your router. The best thing to do is to contact your Internet Service Provider and report to them the issue that you are experiencing with their internet service.
This sums up our guide on how to fix the Minecraft Forge installation problem. If you know other ways that can possibly help others fix this kind of issue on Minecraft. Kindly share it in the comment section below and we would be glad to give you credit once we update this article.
If this guide helped you, please share it. 🙂
If you looking for step by step guide on how to install optifine 1.14 for Minecraft game. But first, you want to know what is OptiFine? The OptiFine is a mod for Minecraft game that optimizes the Minecraft graphics for smooth performance. This software added more additional features such as several video options for instance dynamic lighting and much more.
How To Install OptiFine: Step By Step Guide
Follow this step by step guide to know how you can install OptiFine on your Windows or Mac computer without having a hassle.
First of all, Download the OptiFine for your computer (same version as Minecraft game).
Now, Install the exe that you’ve download. It will automatically install OptiFine for Minecraft.
Tip: The OptiFine launcher will automatically create a profile in Minecraft.
Open the Minecraft Launcher and choose the OptiFine profile.
To check if all is working fine, for this check if you’re able to see OptiFine profile name in the Minecraft Screen.
Things To Consider Before Installing OptiFine
- Make sure you will quite the Minecraft game from your computer.
- You’ve to update the Minecraft Game to the latest version.
- Any other relevant points to consider.
How To Use OptiFine on Minecraft Forge
Download Minecraft Forge For Mac
If you wanted to use OptiFine via Microsoft Forge then follow these given below steps.
1. Firstly, Download the OptiFine File into your computer and copy the downloaded file. Press (CTRL+C )to copy on Windows and (⌘ Command + C) on Mac
2. Once the file is copied. Open the Minecraft Launcher through Desktop Shortcut or using Dock on macOS.
3. Click on the “Launcher Options” tab its given at the upper right side of the Window. Then click on the “Latest Release” the option is given at the middle of the screen of the MC launcher.
4. Navigate the Minecraft Folder and open it. Then open “Mods” Folder (In case if there isn’t any mod folder then create one).
5. Paste the copied OptiFine File into the Mods Folder.
6. Run the OptiFine via Forge and enjoy it.
Minecraft Forge Install For Mac Mojave
Minecraft Forge Won't Install Mac
- How to Make an Anvil in Minecraft – Step by Step Guide
- Where Was Minecraft Made? [Explained]