OpenOffice.org is the open-source, quintessential productivity suite and free alternative to famous programs like Apple iWork and Microsoft Office. OpenOffice.org includes a word processor (Writer), a formula page (Formula), a data base utility (Database), a tool for creating slideshows (Presentation) and another for schematic representations.
- Key Difference: Microsoft Office is a suite of different applications, servers and services that was developed by Microsoft Company for Windows and Mac OS X operating systems in1989. OpenOffice is open-source, free software that is available to everyone on the market for download. Microsoft Office and OpenOffice offer products that are used for similar purposes.
- To uninstall Office for Mac 2011 move the applications to the Trash.Once you've removed everything, empty the Trash and restart your Mac to complete the process. Before you remove Office for Mac 2011, quit all Office applications and make sure there's nothing in Trash that you want to keep. Leave Office applications closed while you go through this process.
Using Microsoft Office On Mac
The current Apache OpenOffice supports Apple OS X version10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite),10.11 (El Capitan) and macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra),10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina).
The last OpenOffice version supporting Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger),10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is OpenOffice 4.0.1.
- CPU: Intel Processor
- Memory: Minimum 512 Mbytes RAM.
- Storage: At least 400 Mbytes available disk space for a default install via download.
- Graphics: 1024 x 768 or higher resolution with 16.7 million colours.
Microsoft Office For Mac Computer
Microsoft Open Office For Mac Free Download
Microsoft Office Or Open Office For Mac Catalina
- Click here to download
- Click here to get install instructions for OpenOffice on macOS
- Click here to get help and support in the Community Support Forums