Microsoft Office for Mac 2011
Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 applications shown on Mac OS X Snow Leopard
|Initial release||October 26, 2010; 10 years ago|
|Operating system||Mac OS X 10.5.8 to macOS 10.14.6|
Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is a version of the Microsoft Officeproductivity suite for Mac OS X. It is the successor to Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac and is comparable to Office 2010 for Windows. Office 2011 was followed by Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac released on September 22, 2015, requiring a Mac with an x64 Intel processor and OS X Yosemite or later. Office for Mac 2011 is no longer supported as of October 10, 2017.
Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Student 2011. 4.5 out of 5 stars (76) 76 product ratings - Microsoft Office for Mac Home and Student 2011. 9 new & refurbished from $69.99. (53) 53 product ratings - Microsoft Office Mac 2008 Home & Student Edition w/Install Guide FREE SHIPPING. You can contact the Help Desk by phone or e-mail. Telephone: 908-737-6000 E-Mail: [email protected]: 908-737-6000 E-Mail: [email protected] I have Microsoft Office 2011 installed on 2011 and 2013 iMacs. Both Macs have been upgraded to High Sierra (macOS 10.13.3). I have not noticed any problems. The update shown in the image below is available from Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 14.7.7 Update. The publish date for this update was 9/7/2017, making this is a fairly current update.
Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 is a version of the Microsoft Office productivity suite for Mac OS X.It is the successor to Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac and is comparable to Office 2010 for Windows. Office 2011 was followed by Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac released on September 22, 2015, requiring a Mac with an x64 Intel processor and OS X Yosemite or later. Microsoft Office for Mac 2011 gives you a familiar work environment that is more intuitive than ever. The suite provides new and improved tools that make it easy to create professional content, along with improvements in the speed and agility of Office 2011 you will.
Microsoft Office 2011 includes more robust enterprise support and greater feature parity with the Windows edition. Its interface is now more similar to Office 2007 and 2010 for Windows, with the addition of the ribbon. Support for Visual Basic for Applications macros has returned after having been dropped in Office 2008. Purchasing the Home Premium version of Office for Mac will not allow telephone support automatically to query any problems with the VBA interface. There are however, apparently, according to Microsoft Helpdesk, some third party applications that can address problems with the VBA interface with Office for Mac. In addition, Office 2011 supports online collaboration tools such as OneDrive and Office Web Apps, allowing Mac and Windows users to simultaneously edit documents over the web. It also includes limited support for Apple's high-density Retina Displays, allowing the display of sharp text and images, although most icons within applications themselves are not optimized for this.
A new version of Microsoft Outlook, written using Mac OS X's Cocoa API, returns to the Mac for the first time since 2001 and has full support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007. It replaces Entourage, which was included in Office 2001, X, 2004 and 2008 for Mac.
Office for Mac 2011 has a number of limitations compared to Office 2010 for Windows. It does not support ActiveX controls, or OpenDocument Format. It also cannot handle attachments in Rich Text Format e-mail messages sent from Outlook for Windows, which are delivered as winmail.dat attachments. It also has several human language limitations, such as lack of support for right-to-left languages such as Arabic, Persian, and Hebrew  and automatic language detection. 
Microsoft does not support CalDAV and CardDAV in Outlook, so there is no way to sync directly Outlook through iCloud. Outlook also does not allow the user to disable Cached Exchange Mode, unlike the Windows version, and it is therefore not possible to connect to an Exchange Server without downloading a local cache of mail and calendar data. 
Additionally, Office for Mac 2011 also has a shorter lifecycle than Office 2010. Support for Office for Mac 2011 was originally slated to end on January 12, 2016, but because Office for Mac 2016 did not come out until July 2015, Microsoft extended support until October 10, 2017.  As 32-bit software, it will not run on macOS High Sierra or later versions of macOS.
Two editions are available to the general public. Home & Student provides Word, Excel and PowerPoint, while Home & Business adds Outlook and increased support.Microsoft Messenger 8 is included with both editions, and Microsoft Communicator for Mac 2011, which communicates with Microsoft Lync Server, is available only to volume licensing customers. Office 2011 requires an Intel Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.8 or later.
Comparison of editions
|Applications and services||Home & Student||Home & Business||Academic||Standard|
|Communicator or Lync||Not included||Not included||Included||Included|
|Office Web Apps||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Remote Desktop Connection||Not included||Included||Included||Included|
|Information Rights Management||Included||Included||Included||Included|
|Windows SharePoint Services Support||Not included||Included||Included||Included|
|Technical support||90 days||1 year||90 days||?|
The Home & Student edition is available in a single license for one computer and a family pack for three computers. The Home & Business edition is available in a single license for one computer and a multi-pack for two computers. The Standard edition is only available through Volume Licensing. The Academic edition was created for higher education students, staff and faculty, and includes one installation. Office for Mac is also available as part of Microsoft's Office 365 subscription programme.
Microsoft announced Office 2011 in 2009. There were 6 beta versions released:
- Beta 1
- Beta 2 (Version 14.0.0, Build 100326)
- Beta 3 (Build 100519)—announced on May 25, 2010
- Beta 4 (Build 100526)
- Beta 5 (Build 100709)
- Beta 6 (Build 100802)
Access to beta versions was by invitation only, although leaked copies were circulated among Mac file sharing websites.
The final version was released to manufacturing on September 10, 2010, was available to volume license customers a day later, and made available to the general public on October 26, 2010. Service Pack 1 was released on April 12, 2011.
Microsoft Office For Mac 2011 High Sierra
- ^'Microsoft Lifecycle Policy: Office 2011'. Support. Microsoft. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- ^'Microsoft Lifecycle Policy: Lync 2011'. Support. Microsoft. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- ^'Microsoft Lifecycle Policy: Office 2011'. Support. Microsoft. Retrieved February 21, 2018.
- ^Keizer, Gregg (May 14, 2008). 'Microsoft will bring back macros to Mac Office in 2011'. Computerworld. Retrieved April 21, 2010.
- ^Seff, Jonathan (May 13, 2008). 'Microsoft to bring back Visual Basic in Office for Mac'. Macworld. Retrieved April 21, 2010.
- ^'How to obtain support for Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 connectivity problems with Exchange Server'. Support (34.0 ed.). Microsoft. September 12, 2013.
- ^Miller, Dan (February 11, 2010). 'Microsoft Announces Office for Mac 2011'. Macworld. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- ^'Known issues in Excel 2011'. Microsoft. September 2010. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- ^answer from Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh), Discussion in the forum of a user of Microsoft Office:Mac Archived February 13, 2011, at WebCite
- ^Office 2011: Mac-Version mit Outlook, aber ohne Opendocument, in German. Archived February 13, 2011, at WebCite
- ^Morgenstern, David. 'Microsoft boosts languages, proofing tools in Office 2011 for Mac, Unicode right-to-left support missing'. The Apple Core. ZDNet. Retrieved November 17, 2010.
- ^Haslam, Karen. 'Which Mac apps won't work in macOS Catalina?'. Macworld. Retrieved October 31, 2019.
- ^Weir, Andy (June 5, 2017). 'Microsoft says Office for Mac 2011 will not be supported on macOS 10.13 High Sierra'. Neowin. Retrieved October 18, 2020.
- ^'Office for Mac 2011—Compare'. Microsoft. Retrieved October 27, 2010.
- ^'Announcing Communicator for Mac'. Office for Mac Blog. Microsoft. September 24, 2010. Archived from the original on July 17, 2011. Retrieved November 4, 2010.
- ^'Office System Requirements'. Microsoft Office for Mac. Microsoft. Retrieved November 5, 2010.
- ^Michaels, Philip (August 2, 2010). 'Microsoft sets pricing, October release for Office 2011'. Macworld. Retrieved November 7, 2010.
- ^'Office for Mac 2011 Hitting Store Shelves This October'. Microsoft Office Press. Microsoft. Retrieved November 19, 2010.
- ^Snell, Jason (August 13, 2009). 'Microsoft: Next Mac Office due late 2010 with Outlook'. Macworld. Retrieved November 14, 2009.
- ^McLean, Prince (May 25, 2010). 'Microsoft's Office 2011 beta 3 for Mac gets new icons'. AppleInsider. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- ^Sams, Brad (July 25, 2010). 'Office 2011 for Mac beta invites sent out'. Neowin.net. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- ^Paliath, Paul. 'Beta 2 of Microsoft Office 2011 leaked'. GeekSmack. Archived from the original on April 13, 2010. Retrieved April 14, 2010.
- ^'Office for Mac 2011 hits RTM'. Office for Mac Blog. Microsoft. September 10, 2010. Archived from the original on August 12, 2011. Retrieved November 4, 2010.
- ^Weintraub, Seth (September 21, 2010). 'Office for Mac hits Microsoft volume licensing servers'. 9to5 Mac. Retrieved September 27, 2010.
- ^Mac Mojo Team (September 28, 2010). 'Office for Mac 2011 in the Store This October'. Office for Mac Blog. Microsoft. Archived from the original on August 12, 2011. Retrieved October 29, 2010.
- ^'Microsoft Office for Mac Downloads and Updates'. Office For Mac. Microsoft. Retrieved September 16, 2011.
Retrieved from 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Microsoft_Office_for_Mac_2011&oldid=986157093'
Download Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac free standalone setup. The Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac is the most popular tool for creating digital documents, spreadsheets, presentations and much more.
Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac Review
Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac is one of the best and most popular applications for creating and managing the documents. Students, Teachers, Presenters, Businessmen and Social Workers can use this program to fulfill their needs related to document management. It offers a solid update to the Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the other members of the productivity suite. With the help of MS Words, users can create any type of document with other powerful tools such as the watermark, font size, font style, and table. MS PowerPoint allows users to create the stunning presentation with many animation effects. MS Excel helps users to create spreadsheets and manage other records in easiest way.
Office 2011 for Mac features an enormous number of templates in the Template Galleries for Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. It allows users to choose among great-looking resumes and newsletters, complex photo catalogs, and calendar layouts, which let you fill in your information without the need for extra formatting. In short, Microsoft Office 2011 Mac is a complete suite that has the ability to fulfill the need of all users related to documents under a single platform. You can also Download Microsoft Office 2016 for Mac Free.
Features of Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac
- Complete suite for creating and managing the documents
- Attractive, clean and user-friendly interface
- Provides lots of templates for different categories
- Loaded with smart tools for decorating the documents
- Provides latest animations effects for presentations
Technical Details for Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac
- File Name: MS-Office-2011-v14.0.0.dmg.dmg
- File Size: 910 MB
- Developers: Microsoft
System Requirements for Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac
- Operating Systems: OS X 10.10 or later
- Memory (RAM): 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 2 GB
- Processor: Intel Multi-core processor
Microsoft Office For Mac 2011 Free
Download Microsoft Office 2011 for Mac Free
Microsoft Office For Mac 2011 Catalina
Click on the button given below to download Microsoft Office 2011 DMG for Mac. It is a complete offline setup of Microsoft Office 2011 DMG for Mac with the direct download link.