Monday.com – Best for communication and collaboration features. Monday is a colorful, flexible. CNET Download.com provides free downloads for Windows, Mac, iOS and Android devices across all categories of software and apps, including security, utilities, games, video and browsers.
Mac patch management involves managing your macOS endpoints by gathering a complete list of all the missing patches through a scan, downloading the missing patches, testing them in non-production machines, and finally rolling them out into the production environment for deployment. Patching your Mac devices enhances the security level of your macOS environment.
Patching MacOS machines with Patch Manager Plus.
The use of Mac operating systems in enterprises has been growing at a faster rate in recent years. With limited manpower, IT teams find it a challenge to patch all Mac security updates and third-party updates manually. This highlights the need for a Mac patch management tool.
Patch Manager Plus detects Mac OSes that require a patch to fix a vulnerability and groups the patches by severity ranging from critical to low. With Patch Manager Plus, you can quickly assess the health of your IT environment by glancing at the System Health Policy. You can patch critical vulnerabilities either through Manual Deployment or by using the Automate Patch Deployment feature.
Event Manager Software For Mac
Supported MacOS versions.
Patch Manager Plus supports patch management for the following versions of macOS:
- OS X 10.6 - Snow Leopard
- OS X 10.7 - Lion
- OS X 10.8 - Mountain Lion
- OS X 10.9 - Mavericks
- OS X 10.10 - Yosemite
- OS X 10.11 - El Capitan
- OS X 10.12 - Sierra
- OS X 10.13 - High Sierra
- OS X 10.14 - Mojave
- OS X 10.15 - Catalina
- OS X 11.0 - Big Sur
What are the strategies involved in Mac Patch Management?
You can patch your Mac machines either by deploying patches manually or by automating this process using a patch management solution.
How to manually patch your Mac systems?
You can deploy patches manually to your Mac machines by going to the App Store and checking for new updates. If your computer is updated to the latest version of macOS, the store will display a message telling you that your computer is up-to-date. If there are any missing updates, you'll get a pop-up asking if you would like to install the updates now.
You can choose the option that best suits you. Please note that when you want to download third-party updates for Mac, you have two ways of doing it:
- Either download the third-party updates manually whenever they're released.
- Enable Automatic Updates for each application, so that when updates are available they'll automatically be downloaded. This, however, may consume a lot of bandwidth, which could deteriorate your network's efficiency.
Why do you need an Automated Mac patch management software?
Manual deployment can often be tedious, error-prone, and time-consuming. For example, let's say you have 1,000 systems in your network and a patch needs to be downloaded for every computer. Can you imagine the bandwidth this would consume? This is where automation comes in handy.
Patch Manager Plus is a software patching tool that offers complete automation with its Automate Patch Deployment (APD) feature.
How does this Automated Mac patch management software work?
Patch Manager Plus provides unified, real-time visibility, management, and deployment of patches to all Mac endpoints from a single console. This Mac patch management software provides you with a complete list of inventories on the missing patches, and it allows you to decide how and when you wish to deploy them with the deployment policies feature. So, you can customize deployment based on what works best for you. By providing complete automation, your Mac clients can stay up-to-date with the latest Mac security updates for macOS and applications.
To patch your Mac machines:
- Schedule a patch scan - First, go to the Patch Manager Plus console and navigate to Systems > Scan Systems to scan for missing patches in your network.
- Choose deployment policies - Based on the severity of the missing patches, prioritize missing patches with an important or critical severity level. You can patch your machines through either one of these two methods:
- Manual deployment by creating a patch configuration.
- The Automate Patch Deployment feature if you want the patching process to be completely automated. You should approve these patches first, allowing the APD feature to patch your machines in the next available deployment window.
- Test and approve- You should always test patches before rolling them out to the production environment. For patches that are low or moderate in severity, you'll have time to test those patches in a non-production environment. If they don't cause any problems post-deployment, then they can be rolled out to the production environment.
- Patch/system reports - In the Patch Manager Plus console, go to Reports > System Health Report to see how your systems are performing post-deployment. The predefined patch management reports show you the patch status of your systems among other things, allowing you to quickly ascertain the security of your network. Explore a fully-featured online demo of our patch management software. This demo version gives you insights on the different modules of our patching tool.
What are the benefits of Mac patch management using Patch Manager Plus?
Some of the benefits of using Patch Manager Plus are:
- Compliance. Every IT organization dreams of achieving 100 percent patch compliance in their networks. This can be achieved by compliance management, which involves checking the health status of your systems, patching them, and finally analyzing the patch compliance report to check if you've reached your goal.
- Centralized patch management. Patch Manager Plus help you manage multiple Macs and iOS devices, all from a central point of control, providing your end users with greater visibility.
- Precise reporting. Powerful reports are just a click away. Streamline everything you need to know about your patch status, and gain insights on your day-to-day patching tasks, so you can prevent a successful cyberattack.
View the full list of Mac applications supported by Patch Manager Plus.
Install on your Desktop or Laptop
No internet connection required. Fully-featured and free forever.
On Mobile / Tablet?
Best Photo Manager Software For Mac
Get these download links emailed to you so you can install later when on your desktop or laptop:
Requires Windows 7 (64-bit) or newer. If you are using 32-bit Windows, use alternative download.
Requires Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (64-bit) / Fedora 29 (64-bit) or newer
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the more common questions we get.
Is this 100% free accounting software?
Yes. You can use the desktop edition for as long as you like, use all the features and enter as much data as required. There are no time limits, no usage limits, no ads.
If you give away your software for free, how do you make money?
File Manager For Mac Os
Desktop edition is single-user software. Businesses requiring multi-user capabilitities or remote access will use cloud edition which is not free.
Project Management Software For Mac
If I'm working on Mac, can I send my file to an accountant who is on Windows?
Yes. Manager data is cross-compatible across all operating systems. We have a helpful guide which explains how to make backup and restore on another computer.
What happens to my data when I upgrade?
Best Photo Management Software Mac
When you upgrade to the latest version, your data will be automatically rolled-over. Still, we strongly recommend you make regular backups of your data whether you are upgrading or not.