Loop performing in 1989
|Origin||Croydon, Surrey, England|
- Space rock
- drone rock
- psychedelic rock
- noise rock
|Years active||1986–1991, 2013–present|
|Labels||Situation Two, Chapter 22 Records, Reactor, Head|
|Associated acts||Main, The Hair and Skin Trading Company|
|Past members||Robert Hampson|
Becky Stewart (Bex)
What is YouTube Loop? It is a web tool which play YouTube videos in infinite loop, what means: the video start again automatically without any intervention after it reaches the end. UsingYouTube Loop you can: load multiple YouTube videos; play full or parts of a YouTube videos in infinite loop; control the loaded YouTube videos. Trusted since 2012, Loopy® has 30,000+ five star reviews, risk-free returns, and a lifetime warranty! Tired of dropping your phone? Loopy® has a comfy finger loop that prevents drops, increases grip and reach, and can help you grab and go safely by Multigrasping®! Get in the Loop™ and StoptheDrop® today! The Loop Returns Season Guarantee is designed to ensure you're ready. A return doesn't need to be a refund. If your customer got the wrong product, make. LOOP provides new visibility into current and upcoming product sales, allowing licensees to plan purchases around sales to achieve cost savings. LOOP also provides price-per-ounce information so that licensees can compare products, and the system instantly. Around one in every thousand Americans has died of COVID-19, and countless others have suffered from the short and long-term effects of the virus. The COVID-19 vaccine offers hope for ending the pande.
Loop are an English rock band, formed in 1986 by Robert Hampson in Croydon. The group topped the UK independent charts with their albums Fade Out (1989) and A Gilded Eternity (1990). Their dissonant 'trance-rock' sound drew on the work of artists like the Stooges, Suicide and Can, and helped to resurrect the concept of space rock in the late 1980s.
The group split in 1991, with Hampson going on to form the experimental project Main with guitarist Scott Dawson, and Mackay and Wills forming The Hair and Skin Trading Company. In 2013, the 1989–90 lineup of Hampson, Dawson, John Wills, and Neil Mackay briefly reformed for a series of gigs, and the following year Hampson unveiled a new lineup of the band with himself as the sole original member.
Loop were formed in 1986 by Robert Hampson (vocals, guitar), with his then-girlfriend Becky Stewart on drums. Stewart was later replaced by John Wills (The Servants) and Glen Ray, with James Endeacott on guitar. Their sound was influenced by Krautrock and No Wave influences and relied heavily on three chord riffs. Initially releasing records on Jeff Barrett's Head label, their first release was 1987's '16 Dreams', with debut album Heaven's End following later that year. The band was then signed up by Chapter 22 Records.
Loop returned with a more polished sound with the 'Collision' single in 1988. A second album Fade Out followed in 1989, reaching No. 51 on the UK album chart. Endeacott left the band in 1988, Scott Dowson joined the following year. They changed labels again to Beggars Banquet subsidiary Situation Two, releasing the 'Arc-Lite' single in 1989 and the third and final studio album A Gilded Eternity in 1990. The band played at the Reading Festival in 1989.
The band split in 1991, with Hampson briefly joining Godflesh before forming Main with Dowson. Hampson's Main project was discontinued in 2006 and while he now releases under his own name in 2010 he announced the return of Main, albeit as a collaborative project with other sound artists. Wills and Mackay went on to form The Hair and Skin Trading Company, which last released in 1995. Wills now performs and records as Pumajaw.
Loop recorded three Peel sessions for John Peel (11 August 1987, 14 June 1988 and 21 January 1990). A collection of these sessions entitled Wolf Flow was released in 1992. Following the split Loop's official studio albums were re-released on their Reactor label. Some of the records featured cover versions of Suicide, The Pop Group and Can tracks.
Hampson's MySpace pages referred to friendly pressure to again re-release the Loop albums and these were eventually released in November 2008 on the Reactor label.
Loop reformed for 2013 and 2014 activities, as presented by a statement from Robert Hampson. The line-up included the original Gilded Eternity era members Robert Hampson, John Wills, Neil Mackay and Scott Dowson. In November 2013, the band played their first comeback show and also co-curated the final holiday camp edition of the All Tomorrow's Parties festival in Camber Sands, England. Wills, wishing to focus on his own musical projects, left the band and was replaced by Wayne Maskell. Loop then played in April 2014 as headliners of the Roadburn Festival, followed by more than 20 dates in the USA, headlining the opening night of Milwaukee Psych Fest 2014 at Cactus Club on 24 April. They concluded this comeback tour with the Primavera Sound festival in Barcelona in May 2014.
In November 2014 a new line-up emerged; still led by Hampson (vocal, guitar), the band performed with Hugo Morgan (bass) and Maskell (drums) from The Heads as well as Dan Boyd (guitar). They played at the Garage (London) and in the Netherlands. Their set featured a new song, 'Precession'. They also announced they would be playing ATP Iceland 2015.
In June 2018, the band played as part of Robert Smith's curation of the Meltdown festival.
Download Loops For Fl Studio
- Robert Hampson (vocals, guitars)
- Hugo Morgan (bass)
- Dan Boyd (guitar)
- Wayne Maskel (drums)
- Becky Stewart (Bex) (drums) 1986–87
- Glen Ray (bass) 1986–7
- James Endeacott (guitars) 1987–88
- John Wills (drums) 1987–90, 2013–14
- Neil Mackay (bass) 1987–90, 2013–14
- Scott Dowson (guitars) 1989–90, 2013–14
|Year||Title||UK Indie Chart Position||UK Chart Position|
|1990||A Gilded Eternity||#1||#39|
|2015||Array 1 EP||-||-|
|Month||Year||Title||UK Indie Chart Position||UK Chart Position|
|September||1988||The World in Your Eyes||#4||-|
|September||1989||Eternal: The Singles||-||-|
(Peel Sessions 1987-1990)
|Year||Title||Format||UK Indie Chart Position|
|December||1989||'Arc-lite'||7' 12' CD||#6|
|May||1991||Loopflesh / Fleshloop||7'|
Free Rock Drum Loops Download
- ^ abJason Ankeny. 'Loop | Biography & History'. AllMusic. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- ^'Freshly reformed psych-rock titans Loop to reissue classic LPs on vinyl'. Fact. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- ^'Drone-rock legend Robert Hampson returns with new album on Mego; rejoins Godflesh'. Fact. Retrieved 1 August 2016.
- ^Mugwump, Jonny. 'Never Fade Out: Loop's Robert Hampson Interviewed'. The Quietus. Retrieved 9 March 2017.
- ^'Psych rock band Loop reunites for their first tour in 23 years | The Daily Texan'. Dailytexanonline.com. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- ^Doran, John. 'John Doran's Top Ten Noise Rock Bands – Part One'. New Musical Express. Retrieved 7 August 2016.
- ^'Music in Bristol – Loop at the Fleece, December 2'. Bristolpost.co.uk. 29 November 2013. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- ^Ankeny, Jason. 'Main – Biography'. AllMusic. Retrieved 15 March 2017.
- ^ abcdStrong, Martin C.: 'The Great Alternative & Indie Discography', 1999, Canongate, ISBN0-86241-913-1
- ^Larkin, Colin: 'The Guinness Who's Who of Indie and New Wave Music', 1992, Guinness Publishing, ISBN0-85112-579-4
- ^'Loop – + Heaven's End'. Heavensend.org. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- ^'Soundheads // Loop'. Archived from the original on 1 October 2013. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- ^'End Of An Era Part 2 curated by ATP & Loop – All Tomorrow's Parties'. Atpfestival.com. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- ^'Archived copy'. Archived from the original on 27 September 2013. Retrieved 10 July 2013.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ^'Loop, The Garage, London'. Theartsdesk.com. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- ^'Event Info - All Tomorrow's Parties Iceland 2015 - All Tomorrow's Parties'. Atpfestival.com. Retrieved 30 November 2016.
- ^'Loop'. Southbankcentre.co.uk. 29 May 2018. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- ^ abcLazell, Barry: 'Indie Hits 1980-1989', 1997, Cherry Red Books, ISBN0-9517206-9-4
Retrieved from 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Loop_(band)&oldid=981578809'
Retain more revenue with gift exchanges.
Returns increase by 83% in January and February. Are you ready? The Loop Returns Season Guarantee is designed to ensure you're ready.
A return doesn't need to be a refund.
If your customer got the wrong product, make it easy to get the right one. Loop offers 4 ways to return: exchange, shop now, store credit, or refund.
The experience with Loop is night & day relative to the manual returns process. Easily the best investment we've ever made to drive loyalty.
Imagine a customer needed to email you or fill in paperwork to make a purchase. Why make them do it to return? We've created a better way.
Empower your team.
Your team has plenty to worry about besides returns. Loop reduces the time spent per return and works into your existing Shopify workflow.