Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
|Education||Curtis Institute of Music|
|Awards||Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions|
Kirsten MacKinnon is a Canadian operatic soprano. A winner of the Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions in 2017, she has appeared internationally.
She grew up in Vancouver, and studied voice at the Curtis Institute of Music in Philadelphia. At the Philadelphia Opera, she performed the roles of Micaëla in Bizet's Carmen and the Countess Madeleine in Capriccio by Richard Strauss. She was Pamina in Mozart's Die Zauberflöte) for the Canadian Opera Company, and the Countess in his Le nozze di Figaro with the Garsington Opera. Her roles have included Elektra in Mozart's Idomeneo, the title role of Tchaikovsky's Iolanta, Mimì in Puccini's La bohème, and the title role in Janáček's The Cunning Little Vixen.
Kirsten Ford was promoted to Associate Commissioner of the RMAC on July 1, 2018. Ford has worked at the RMAC since January 2014, starting in the role of Director of Compliance and Business Operations and then elevating to the position of Assistant Commissioner in July of 2015.
In Europe, she appeared at the Glyndebourne Festival as Fiordiligi in Mozart's Così fan tutte in 2017, staged by Nicholas Hytner. A reviewer of The Guardian described her as 'a vocal star' in an 'uncommonly well balanced' quartet of lovers, offering 'the high notes and the low notes for Fiordiligi and everything in between'. She was Helena in Britten's A Midsummer Night's Dream. In February 2018, she made her debut at the Oper Frankfurt, where she is engaged as a member from the 2018/19 season, as Inès in a new production of Meyerbeer's L'Africaine – Vasco da Gama at the Oper Frankfurt, conducted by Antonello Manacorda, alongside Claudia Mahnke and Michael Spyres in the title roles. The opera is staged as a space mission, and she was described as dramatic and of emotional intensity.
22 records for Kirsten Mack. Find Kirsten Mack's phone number, address, and email on Spokeo, the leading online directory for contact information. See what Mac Nara (macnara2005) has discovered on Pinterest, the world's biggest collection of ideas. Total downloads of all papers by Kirsten MacDonald. If you need immediate assistance, call 877-SSRNHelp (877 777 6435) in the United States, or +1 212 448 2500 outside of the United States, 8:30AM to 6:00PM U.S. Eastern, Monday - Friday. Mac users interested in Download kirstens viewer s21 generally download: Kirstens S21 2.7 Free Opensource Created Custom Viewers For Virtual Worlds like SecondLife.
MacKinnon has performed in concert with the Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia, the Bavarian Radio Orchestra, and the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, among others.
- ^Števko, James Monroe. 'The Best Moments of the 2017 Metropolitan Opera National Council Auditions Grand Finals'. operawire.com. Retrieved 14 March 2018.
- ^So, Joseph. 'Kirsten MacKinnon'. Opera Canada. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- ^ abcd'Kirsten MacKinnon'. Oper Frankfurt. Retrieved 6 March 2018.
- ^Jeal, Erica (October 2017). 'Così fan tutte review – Nicholas Hytner's irresistible production takes a bow'. The Guardian. Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- ^Peter, Wolf-Dieter (1 March 2018). 'Frankfurts Oper zeigt Meyerbeers 'Vasco da Gama' als interstellares Kolonialismusdrama'. Neue Musikzeitung (in German). Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- ^Molke, Thomas (26 February 2018). 'L'Africaine - Vasco da Gama'. Online Musik Magazin (in German). Retrieved 13 March 2018.
- Kirsten MacKinnon Operabase
- Kirsten MacKinnon askonasholt.co.uk
- Le nozze di Figaro: Kirsten MacKinnon interviewBBC 2 November 2017
- Joseph So: A Conversation With Met Audition Winner Kirsten MacKinnon ludwig-van.com 23 March 2017
- Canadian Soprano Kirsten MacKinnon One of Six Winners of 2017 Met Opera Auditions myscena.org 19 March 2017
- Performer: Kirsten MacKinnon bachtrack.com
- Frankfurt Opera: L’africaine trailer – Kirsten MacKinnon as Ines askonasholt.co.uk
- 'L'Africaine' atterra a Francoforte teatrionline.com
Retrieved from 'https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Kirsten_MacKinnon&oldid=978220684'