Download Antivirus For Mac 10.5.8 - real advice. ClamXav and 4 more programs. Log in / Sign up. Advice › Antivirus for mac 10.5.8. Antivirus for mac 10.5.8 social advice. AVG AntiVirus 2015.0 Free. AVG AntiVirus is a very capable program that helps you get rid of all viruses and spyware from your Mac. Rolf, Just for your info AVG for Mac OS is actually free ( ). Actually, the issue is that the user's device is too old to upgrade - Late 2006 models aren't allowed to be upgraded past 10.7 - to a higher OS so the answer provided here is inadequate.
Helpful Links Regarding Malware Protection
An excellent link to read is Tom Reed's Mac Malware Guide.
Also, visit The XLab FAQs and read Detecting and avoiding malware and spyware.
See these Apple articles:
If you require anti-virus protection I recommend using VirusBarrier Express 1.1.6 or Dr.Web Light both from the App Store. They're both free, and since they're from the App Store, they won't destabilize the system. (Thank you to Thomas Reed for these recommendations.)
From user Joe Bailey comes this equally useful advice:
The facts are:
1. There is no anti-malware software that can detect 100% of the malware out there.
2. There is no anti-malware that can detect anything targeting the Mac because there
is no Mac malware in the wild, and therefore, no 'signatures' to detect.
Avg For Mac Download
3. The very best way to prevent the most attacks is for you as the user to be aware that
the most successful malware attacks rely on very sophisticated social engineering
techniques preying on human avarice, ****, and fear.
4. Internet popups saying the FBI, NSA, Microsoft, your ISP has detected malware on
your computer is intended to entice you to install their malware thinking it is a
protection against malware.
5. Some of the anti-malware products on the market are worse than the malware
Avg Free Mac
from which they purport to protect you.
6. Be cautious where you go on the internet.
7. Only download anything from sites you know are safe.
8. Avoid links you receive in email, always be suspicious even if you get something
you think is from a friend, but you were not expecting.
Avg For Mac Review
9. If there is any question in your mind, then assume it is malware.
Is There A Free Avg For Mac Os
Mar 3, 2014 10:08 AM