Mac computers that have any of the following ports can connect to HDMI devices. Learn how to identify the ports on your Mac.
- Firewire To Hdmi For Mac Os
- Apple Firewire To Hdmi Cable
- HDMI port: Connects directly to HDMI using an HDMI cable.
- USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) port: Connects to HDMI using an adapter, such as the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.
- Mini DisplayPort: Connects to HDMI using a third-party Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter or cable.
Mac computers that have an HDMI port comply with HDMI 1.4b and support:
Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter, Benfei Mini DP to HDMI Adapter Compatible with MacBook Air/Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro/Dock, Monitor, Projector and More - Grey 4.7 out of 5 stars 1,132 $9.99 $ 9. 99 $10.99 $10.99. Apple offers the USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter, a $69 device that also provides a USB-A port and a USB-C port that’s for charging only. Be warned: Apple released a new version of this.
- At least 1080p video over HDMI, and some Mac models support higher resolutions when connecting to 4K displays, 5K displays, and Ultra HD TVs
- 8-channel/24-bit audio at 192kHz, Dolby Surround 5.1, and traditional stereo
- HDCP-encrypted playback from iTunes and QuickTime Player (version 10). Safari in macOS Sierra or later also supports HDCP-encrypted playback, if the web page is HTML5-enabled and the content is FairPlay Streaming-enabled and delivered using Media Source Extensions or HTTP Live Streaming.
Use FireWire devices with Mac. You can use FireWire (sometimes called IEEE 1394 or i.LINK) to connect external devices, such as a hard drive or a digital video camera, without needing to restart your computer.A FireWire port provides power, so the connected device usually doesn’t need its own power cord. Many Mac computers have one or more FireWire 400 ports that transfer data at up to 400. Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter, Benfei Mini DP to HDMI Adapter Compatible with MacBook Air/Pro, Microsoft Surface Pro/Dock, Monitor, Projector and More - Grey 4.7 out of 5 stars 1,132 $9.99 $ 9. Amazon's Choice for 'firewire to hdmi' iVANKY Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter, 1080P Gold-Plated Connectors & Nylon Braided Thunderbolt 2 to HDMI Adapter for MacBook Air, MacBook Pro(Before 2016), Microsoft Surface Pro, etc - 20cm. 4.7 out of 5 stars 11,807.
If using an adapter, check the specifications of the adapter to learn about supported resolutions and other details.
After making the connection
If your Mac doesn't recognize your HDTV, display, or other HDMI device after making the connection:
- Turn off the HDMI device while your Mac is turned on.
- Unplug the HDMI cable from your Mac, then plug it in again.
- Turn on the HDMI device.
If the video on your HDTV or display extends beyond the borders of the screen, open Displays preferences and adjust the Underscan slider for a better fit. Use any of these methods to open Displays preferences:
Firewire To Hdmi For Mac Os
- Choose Apple () menu > System Preferences, then click Displays.
- Press Shift-Command-A to open the Applications folder. Then double-click System Preferences, then click Displays.
- If your keyboard has brightness controls, press Option–Brightness Up or Option–Brightness Down.
If your HDMI device isn't receiving audio from your Mac:
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sound. In the Output pane, make sure that your HDMI device is selected.
- If you're connecting using a Mini DisplayPort adapter, make sure that your Mac can send audio over Mini DisplayPort.
- If you're connecting from a Mac mini, unplug any audio device that is plugged into your computer's Audio-Out port.
Apple Firewire To Hdmi Cable
If your Mac goes to sleep while a video is playing or paused, you might see an HDCP error. Quit the app that is playing the video, then open the app again. If the issue continues, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Energy Saver and adjust the settings so that your display doesn't turn off.
- If your Mac has an HDMI port, you can use the Apple HDMI to DVI Adapter to connect to a DVI display.
- Mac computers don't support using CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) to control HDMI devices.