This article explains how to download and install Firefox on a Mac.
Firefox For Mac Firefox For Ipad Download
- If you are updating from a previous version of Firefox, see Update Firefox to the latest release.
Jan 10, 2020 Unlike updating apps from the Mac App Store or updating macOS system software in System Preferences, updating Firefox is done directly within the Firefox application itself. How to Update Firefox Web Browser on Mac. Here’s how to update Firefox on MacOS: From the opened Firefox browser, pull down the ‘Firefox’ menu and choose “About. Firefox version 78 is the last supported Firefox version for Mac users of OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite and OS X 10.11 El Capitan. These users will be moved to the Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR) channel by an application update. This will provide security updates until the next ESR update in July 2021, after which the.
Note: This article only applies to Mac. For instructions to install Firefox on Windows, see How to download and install Firefox on Windows.For instructions to install Firefox on Linux, see Install Firefox on Linux.
Make sure your Mac meets the System Requirements for Firefox. If you use an old version of OS X, see these articles for more information:
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Click .
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, click the Download options and other languages link instead.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) may open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
Note: If you do not see this window, open the Firefox.dmg file that you downloaded.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, hold down the control key while clicking in the window and select Eject 'Firefox' from the menu.
Complete the steps above before running Firefox. Do not run Firefox directly from the Firefox.dmg file, as this can result in issues such as lost data and settings.
Tip: You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
Firefox is now ready for use. Just click on its icon in the dock or Applications folder to start it.
When you first start up Firefox, you will be warned that you downloaded Firefox from the Internet. Because you download Firefox from the official site, click .
Mozilla Firefox For Mac 10.7.5
Upon installation, Firefox will not be your default browser, which you'll be notified about. That means that when you open a link in your mail application, an Internet shortcut, or HTML document, it will not open in Firefox. If you want Firefox to do those things, click . If you're just trying out Firefox or simply do not wish to set Firefox as your default browser, click .