Affinity Photo – Our Choice. Many unique features. Easy to navigate. Doesn’t take much.
- Organize your collection into albums, or keep your photos organized automatically with smart albums. Perfect your images with intuitive built-in editing tools, or use your favorite photos apps. And with iCloud Photos, you can keep all your photos and videos stored in iCloud and up to date on your Mac, Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, and even your PC.
- Looking for advanced photo editing capabilities right in your browser, Pixlr X is the next generation photo editor! No installation and registration required.
- Easily edit your photos with Canva's photo editor! Add filters, frames, text, and effects with our free online photo editing tool!
Mark up PDFs
Use the markup toolbar in Preview to add text and comments, sign documents, highlight text, and more. To show the markup toolbar, click the Show Markup Toolbar button at the top of the window, or choose View > Show Markup Toolbar.
In most PDFs, you can simply click a text field, then type to enter text in the field.
If you can't add text to a field, use a text box instead:
- Click the Text button in the markup toolbar, or choose Tools > Annotate > Text.
- To show font, size, and color options for text in a text box, click the Text Style button in the markup toolbar.
- To move the text box, just drag it.
To turn highlight mode on or off, click the Highlight button in the toolbar. When highlight mode is on, highlights appear when you select text.
- To change the highlight color or switch to strikethrough or underline, click next to the Hightlight button , then choose an option.
- To remove a highlight, Control-click the text, then choose Remove Highlight.
To add a note, click the Note button in the markup toolbar, or choose Tools > Annotate > Note.
- To close the note, click outside the note box. You can move notes anywhere on the document.
- To open a note, click the note box.
- To see all notes and highlights, choose View > Highlights and Notes.
Add your signature
- Click the Sign button in the markup toolbar, or choose Tools > Annotate > Signature.
- Click Create Signature, then choose whether to use your trackpad, built-in camera, or iOS device to create a signature:
- Click Trackpad, then use your trackpad to sign your name with your finger. If you have a Force Touch trackpad, you can press harder on the trackpad to sign with a darker line. After you sign your name, press any key on the keyboard.
- Click Camera, then sign your name on white paper and hold it up to the camera. Your Mac will automatically scan the signature and show it in the Camera window.
- Click iPhone (or iPad or iPod touch), then sign your name on your device's screen when prompted. Learn more about using iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch to sketch in or mark up documents.
- Click Done.
- Choose your signature to add it to the document. You can move and resize it anywhere on the document.
- Crop: Drag to select the crop area, then choose Tools > Crop.
- Rotate: Choose Tools > Rotate Left or Rotate Right.
- Adjust color: Choose Tools > Adjust Color, then drag a slider to make an adjustment.
- Adjust size: Choose Tools > Adjust Size, enter the desired dimensions, then click OK.
- Get quick access to edit controls: Click the Show Markup Toolbar button at the top of the window.
Share and export
Edit Images For Cricut
- To share your file, click the Share button , or choose File > Share. Then choose an option.
- To save your document or image in a different format, choose File > Export, choose a format, then click Save.
Edit your photos on Mac like a pro with these amazing picture editing tools.
Editing photos on iPhone is one thing but editing them on your Mac can take your photography to the next level. It doesn’t matter whether you clicked photos using your iPhone or your camera. Eventually, if you want to edit your image you’ll need an image editing software to step up. An image editing tool helps in brightening a dark photo, removing noise, distracting background and more. For all this, there’s an app.
Some of these apps are completely free to use while a few of them are paid, that will provide additional image editing features.
For you, we’ve curated a list of best free and paid image editor. So, all you have to do is go through the list and select the best tool for yourself to edit images on your Mac.
Here are the best free and paid image editors for Mac.
Tip: As you learn how to use image editing software you might end up with multiple copies of same photographs: the original the edited one, the one you did not like and more. So, if you want to ready to handle such a situation try using Duplicate Photos Fixer. An ultimate and one of the best duplicate picture finder tools that detect exact and similar image stored in iPhoto Library, Photos and anywhere on your Mac.
Best Free Mac Image Editors
Here are the top free image editors that you can use for Mac. These tools will provide you all the basic features that you are looking for in a photo editor. A basic image editor has almost all the features you want and is easy to use. However, if you are looking for a fully featured editing suite with advanced features check out our list of best-paid Mac image editors.
1. Photoscape X: Powerful Photo Editor for Mac
Photoscape X is an advanced picture editor that helps you fine-tune and edit RAW images. This photo editor makes editing RAW photos really simple and easy. It’s an all-in-one app that lets you make a collage, edit batch photos, view photos, cut out, pick colors and more. Moreover, with Photoscape X: powerful photo editor for Mac you can rotate, resize, crop, add textures, change photos to vignette, sepia, grayscale and do lot more.
Get: Photoscape X: Powerful Photo Editor for Mac Now (Free)
2. GIMP: Free photo editing software for mac
GIMP is a free cross-platform photo editing software that Mac, Linux, Windows users can use. As it is an open source picture editing software it can be distributed by making changes. Moreover, this best free photo editor can be used by the photographer, designer, illustrator, and others. In simple words, anyone who wants a photo editor can use GIMP. This tool comprises of all basic and professional features.
Download: GIMP (Free)
3. Pixlr X: Next-gen photo editor
Pixlr X is an online photo editor designed to provide you the ease of navigation. With this picture editor, you can quickly edit photos online without downloading an image editor. Pixlr-X allows you to crop, cut out, resize, remove background and do lot more. Moreover, if you want to share an image on social media you can draw, doodle or scribe anything on it. Using this free photo editor is easy just visit the webpage, start using it and soon you’ll be a pro. Try it today.
Visit:Pixlr X (Free)
Edit Images Mac Free
4. Polarr: image editor with basic tweaks
Polarr picture editor offers advanced auto-enhance tools to edit and brighten your photos. This tool can be used by both professionals and novice photographers. If you want to superimpose photos this app gives 10 and more blending modes. Further, it includes filters, brush mask, depth mask, batch exporting, photos extension and more. Beginners will love using its free version whereas if you are Pro then you can upgrade to Polarr Pro to try its exciting advanced features.
GetPolaar: image editor with basic tweaks now
5. Photos: Best in-built picture editor
Photos: best photo editing software for Mac developed by Apple Inc., is a great and easy to use photo editor. This Mac photo editing tool offers multiple easy to use editing tools like Smart Slider, filters, Markup tool to add text, shapes and more. If you’re looking for a tool that will help you with basics edits, then Mac’s built-in toll Photos is for you. In addition to this, Photos organizes images based on moments and it even allows you to create groups by person and more.
So, these were the best free photo editor that you can use on Mac.
Also Read: What Is EXIF Data- How To View And Edit It
The Best Paid Mac Image Editors
If you’ve moved past being a time pass photographer and are serious about photo editing, you’ll definitely need professional tools. Paid photo editing tools are fully featured and will help you enhance the quality of your work. Not only this will help you save a lot of time once you get used to these apps.
1. Tweak Photos: Best batch photo editor for Mac (Recommended)
Tweak Photos make batch editing easy. Using this best photo editor is as easy as 1,2,3. With this tool you can edit any image formats including RAW, can add filters, effects of your choice and more. Furthermore, you can rename, resize an entire batch of photos, auto correct orientation, change the texture, add watermark and more. This professional picture editor allows you to apply filters and edits with a click of a button. Not only this when compared with other picture editing tools Tweak Photos has all the basic and advanced features plus the lesser price.
Get Tweak Photos: Best batch photo editor for Mac
2. Affinity Photo – lightweight picture editor
Affinity Photo can be considered as a lighter version of Photoshop. It has similar features like Photoshop – advanced selection tools, brushes, and layer support. Affinity Photos, when compared with Photoshop, is much faster especially on Mac machines without a dedicated graphics card.
Plus, you can edit PSD files in Affinity Photo. If you’ve learned all the basics, then this product is a must try.
Get:Affinity Photo: lightweight picture
3. Lightroom: Professional picture editor
Lightroom is a highly appreciated photo editor by professional photographers. Its workflow is what makes Lightroom stand apart and one of the best photo editors. Apart from stellar photo editing features, it has a simple yet intuitive interface. Moreover, you can mark important photos, skim RAW files, edit them, save presets, export to multiple formats and more.
Edit Photos In Mac Photos
Get:Adobe Lightroom: professional picture editor
4. Photoshop: Advanced photo editor
Edit Photos For Mac
When compared with other image editors listed Photoshop stands apart. Photoshop is designed specifically for image enhancement and manipulation. This creative photo editing software for Mac makes impossible possible. It can be used by anyone to make something amazing. Further, whether you want to make a few edits to transform the picture you can use tools like adjust, crop, retouch, repair old photos and more.
5. Pixelmator Pro: Elegant image editor for Mac
Pixelmator Pro is a powerful, easy to use image editor designed for Mac. This professional image editor comes with an extensive collection of editing tools that help in retouching images, creating graphic designs, adding stunning effects and more. Pixelmator puts all focus on the images you edit, rather than the background making image editing simple and fun.
Edit Images Mac Os X
In the list above there’s something for everyone. We recommend using TweakPhotos as this tool offers all basic and advanced features. Although this is a paid tool, for the price it comes is nothing it’s just &4.99. This rich photo editing tool is a must to try and is a great choice. We hope you’ll give it a try. Whatever tool you choose you’ll get plenty of options to enhance your images. Do let us know which tool you selected to use from this list.