by Brian Fisher • Jul 03,2020 • Proven solutions
As we all know, Podcast is a type of digital media containing an episodic series of radio, video, TV show, etc. You can enjoy them on a computer, Apple TV, or mobile devices like iPhone X/8/8 Plus, iPad. For some Mac users, they would like to convert these audios or video Podcast to MP3 files and organize them in iTunes music library, but not in the Podcast folder. So, how to achieve this? Here this article will introduce you to an easy-to-use way to convert Podcast to MP3.
- Apple this week made some major changes to its official Podcasts webpage — including a new streamlined layout and the ability to listen to podcasts directly in a web browser.
- Download macOS Catalina for an all‑new entertainment experience. Your music, TV shows, movies, podcasts, and audiobooks will transfer automatically to the Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Podcasts, and Apple Books apps where you’ll still have access to your favorite iTunes features, including purchases, rentals, and imports.
- Apple made mention of a standalone podcast app earlier this month, but most figured it would arrive with iOS 6 this fall. Earlier this week, Apple released Podcasts.It's free and universal.
- Users will finally be able to listen to podcast episodes directly, right on the Apple Podcast web pages for each show. A screenshot of the newly designed Apple web pages for podcasts.
Download your podcasts. Usually, each individual episode displayed on your podcatcher will have a download sign-a downward-pointing arrow, for example-next to its name. If you've made sure that your podcatcher is allowed access to your hard drive or cloud already, then press the download button.
Part 1. Convert Podcast to MP3 with the Best Solution
If you change Media Kind, you will find that the Music option is changed to Music video and the output media file would be saved as QuickTime MOV video. But you can use a Podcast video to audio converter to convert Podcast to MP3 without hassle. Then you can't miss UniConverter for Mac or Windows. Only 3 steps you will need to take to convert Podcast to MP3.
Get the Best Podcast to MP3 Audio Converter - UniConverter
- 150+ Video & Audio Formats - Capable of converting 150+ video and audio formats, or extracting audio from video files with no quality loss.
- Lossless Conversion – Support to convert videos lossless at 90X faster speed than other video converters.
- Convert Online Videos – Download online videos from 1,000+ online video streaming sites, such as YouTube, Vevo, Netflix, Vimeo, etc.
- Personalize Videos – Add subtitles, watermark and special effects to your videos, or crop/trim/rotate to customize your video output performance.
- Transfer to Devices – Easily convert to mobile device preset format and transfer to mobile devices with USB cable.
- Useful Toolbox – Provide with a set of handy tools to make GIF, convert VR, fix video metadata, record screen, etc.
- Supported OS - Compatible with Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista, macOS 10.15 Catalina, 10.14 Mojave, 10.13 High Sierra, 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion and 10.7 Lion.
How to Convert Podcast to MP3 with UniConverter
Video Tutorial on How to Convert Podcast to MP3 on Mac
Step 1. Add Podcast files to the MP3 converter
In the main interface, select 'Add Files' option to import the Podcast files to the Podcast to MP3 converter. Or you can just drag and drop the Podcast song files to the converter. This Podcast to MP3 converter even supports to import music files from your mobile devices, to achieve that, click the drop down icon beside 'Add Files' to directly load Podcast files from your iPhone, iPad, iPod or other tablets and phones.
Apple Podcast Directory
Step 2. Select MP3 as output format
In the format tray, go to 'Audio' tab and select MP3 to set it as output format. For more encoder settings, click the Setting icon to change sample rate, channel, bitrate, etc.
Apple Podcast App
Step 3. Ready to Convert Podcast to MP3
Click the 'Convert' button to start to convert Podcast to MP3 on your Mac or Windows PC. That is it! You done! With this Podcast to MP3 converter, you can convert all the audio and video Podcast to MP3 effortlessly.
Part 2. How to Convert Podcast to MP3 with iTunes
You can convert your Podcast to MP3 with iTunes and many other audio converter software programs. The podcast is just like any audio file, and you can convert it into various formats with the right tools.
Step 1. Download and Launch iTunes. Click here to download and install iTunes. Launch the application.
Step 2. Add the Podcast to Library. Click on 'File' on the menu bar and choose 'Add File to Library'. Find the podcast and add it to the library. On Windows, hit Ctrl+B to display the menu bar.
Step 3. Go to Preferences. Go to 'iTunes' menu and click 'Preferences'. On Windows, go to 'Edit' menu and click on 'Preferences'.
Step 4. Set Import Settings. Go to the General tab. Click 'Import Using' on the 'Import Settings' tab. Then select 'MP3 Encoder' from the drop-down menu.
Step 5. Set Quality Settings. The menu for quality settings is just below the 'Import Using' and allows you to select the bitrate for your MP3 files. Quality increases for higher bitrates, but it also increases the file size. For best quality convert from a podcast with a lossless codec.
Step 6. Select the Podcast for Conversion. Once you’re happy with the settings, click 'Ok' to save the changes. Go to the iTunes Library where you added the podcast in Step 2. Select the podcasts to convert.
If you want to convert multiple podcasts at once, hold down Ctrl (Windows) or Cmd (Mac) and click podcasts to select.
Step 7. Start Conversion. Go to the 'File' menu, click on 'Convert' and select 'Create MP3 Version' from the drop-down submenu.
Track the conversion through the progress bar at the top. Find the converted file in the iTunes library at the same location.
It’s simple and easy to convert Podcast to MP3 with iTunes. However, you need a podcast with a lossless codec (FLAC, Wav, ALAC) to get a quality MP3 audio file. Lossy codecs (MP4, M4A, etc.) only convert to lossy formats with poor quality even at higher bitrates.
Optional: Online Podcast to MP3 Converter
If you don't want to install a Podcast converter program on your Mac or Windows PC, you can also try online video converter to convert your Podcast files to MP3. Try it below:
Podcasts Connect allows you to manage all of the podcasts associated with the Apple ID used upon sign-in.
Contact us if you don’t see a specific podcast on your account. We may need to help you transfer the podcast to your account. Make sure to include the Apple Podcasts link and the podcast RSS feed URL in your support request.
While the entire look and feel of your podcast is defined in the RSS feed outside of Apple, Podcasts Connect allows you to:
- View the status of your podcast.
- Temporarily hide and unhide a podcast’s availability.
- Permanently remove a podcast.
- Submit or change a podcast RSS feed URL.
- Troubleshoot missing episodes or artwork by refreshing your podcast.
- Transfer ownership of a podcast.
- Access Podcast Analytics.
- Find Marketing Tools.
- Contact our support teams.