Shop for photoshop for mac at Best Buy. Find low everyday prices and buy online for delivery or in-store pick-up. Imagine what you can create with Photoshop apps across desktop, mobile, and tablet. Start a project in one location and finish in another with ease. Adobe Photoshop. Feedback Free trial; Buy now. Follow your imagination anywhere. Get Photoshop on desktop and iPad for just $20.99/mo. If you buy a Mac where you can still add RAM at a later point, such as the Mac Pro or 27in iMac, or the 2018 Mac mini, you could purchase the RAM from a third party instead - but do bear in mind.
Photoshop CC: If you want to buy the full version of Photoshop, you'll need to pay a monthly subscription fee for Adobe Creative Cloud. Photoshop CC is available for both Windows and Mac. Photoshop CC is available for both Windows and Mac. If you have little experience editing images, Affinity Photo may be a challenge. Knowing you way around Photoshop will give you a frame of reference to work from and make it easier to figure out what AP is doing. Unlike Lightroom and Adobe Camera RAW, which use metadata in sidecar files to record edits, Affinity Photo uses Layers.
Tracy King updated on Oct 21, 2020 to PC Transfer|How-to Articles
Help! How to Move Software from Old Computer to A New One
This is a real case from Adobe Community. 'Three or so years ago I bought the Adobe Creative Suite (4), the Design premium student edition. I have got a new laptop and was wondering if there is a way to transfer this old software to my new computer, as it will not be used on the old computer.'
As we all know, It’s a waste of time to reinstall all useful programs and applications one by one on the new PC. According to the Google searching result, a great number of people are looking for a simple way to move and transfer Adobe software such as Adobe Photoshop to a new PC without reinstallation. So how to effectively do the job? If you are having a similar issue and are looking for a solution for transferring installed programs to a new PC, follow and you'll learn how to resolve this issue.
|Workable Solutions||Step-by-step Troubleshooting|
|Fix 1. Automatically Transfer Adobe Photoshop to A New PC ||Connect two PC on the same network > Choose Adobe to transfer...Full steps|
|Fix 2. Manually Install Adobe Photoshop on A New PC||Deactivate old Adobe on old PC > Head to Creative Cloud...Full steps|
|Fix 3. How to Copy/Move Adobe to Another Drive||Connect the external hard drive to your PC or scan the existing hard drive...Full steps|
Method 1. Transfer Adobe Photoshop to A New PC with Software
This method is the easiest and quickest way to transfer Adobe Photoshop to another PC. All you need to do is download and install EaseUS Todo PCTrans. It is a powerful Windows PC transfer program that is provided by EaseUS software. It allows you to effectively transfer installed programs and applications to a new PC without reinstallation in only a few simple clicks. You can download and install this software on both of your PCs to start the transferring wanted programs right now.
- To transfer programs or files between computers, you must install EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both old and new computers. If you want to move only one file or one program to a new PC, you can try EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free. If you need to transfer many files and installed programs to the new computer, activate EaseUS Todo PCTrans in advance for a smooth transferring process.
- Must-need tool: Program transferring tool - EaseUS Todo PCTrans (recommended)
- OS: All Windows Operating System (Windows 10/9/7/Vista etc.)
- Necessary steps for program transferring: 3 simple steps.
- Computers: Old computer with programs and a new PC
Let’s see how to migrate your Adobe Photoshop and other useful programs to a new computer without reinstallation:
Step 1. Connect two computers on the same LAN
Run EaseUS Todo PCTrans on both of your current computer and the other computer. On the source computer where Adobe is installed, navigate to the 'PC to PC' mode, and then click 'PC to PC'.
Connect to target PC, input account password, or verification code of the target PC.
Step 2. Choose Adobe to transfer
EaseUS Todo PCTrans allows users to choose as many file types as possible to transfer between two computers, including applications, personal files as well as user data. Since you're going to move Adobe programs, hover your mouse over the 'Applications' category, and click 'Edit'.
Step 3. Transfer Adobe from PC to PC
In the list of supported applications, locate the Adobe program. Tick the checkbox and click 'Finish'. Finally, click 'Transfer' to let the software accomplish the process.
Step 4. Activate the Adobe with product key
Turn to the main screen of EaseUS Todo PCTrans. Click 'Scan' to copy the product key.
Step 5. Save the Product Key
The transferred programs such as Adobe Photoshop will be transferred to the default location (C: drive) on the new PC. And if you’ve created a shortcut on the desktop of the old PC, you can even be able to see and use the shortcut on the new PC. After transferring Adobe Photoshop to a new computer, the serial number will also be migrated. You still need to activate it on the new laptop or PC.
Method 2. Manually Install Adobe Photoshop on A New PC
Transferring Adobe to a new computer is simplified greatly by the ability to download the software from the official website directly to the new desktop or laptop. Before you download Adobe, you must deactivate the older Adobe account, then you can install it on the new computer.
Step 1. Deactivate Old Adobe on Old PC
- Select 'Deactivate' from the 'Help' menu from any of your Adobe programs.
- Click 'Deactivate Permanently' to permanently deactivate the software.
Step 2. Navigate to the Creative Cloud apps catalog on the new PC. Locate 'Photoshop', and click 'Download'. If you are not signed in, you will be asked to sign in with your Adobe ID and password.
Step 3. The Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app appears, and it will manage the rest of the installation process. Check your download progress in the status bar next to the app’s name.
Step 4. You can launch Photoshop as you normally launch any app on your computer.
Activate Adobe on the New PC/Laptop
- Find the activation key via 'Product Key' of EaseUS Todo PCTrans.
- Find the activation key send by the manufacturer and retry to activate the program again.
- If it fails, Use the Adobe online chat or 800 833 6687. Usually, you can get a wanted solution from the manufacturers or service providers.
Method 3. How to Copy/Move Adobe to Another Drive
How can I move Adobe to a USB? How to change the Adobe installation location? Here's an example:
'I recently purchased a new external hard drive and I need to transfer my photoshop to it from my computer. Is there a way to do this or do I need to purchase a new one?'
In fact, you can easily move applications to another drive with the help of EaseUS Todo PCTrans. It allows you to easily migrate applications from one disk to another locally, and free up space to settle down low disk space issue. Here are the detail steps to move Adobe to an external hard drive:
Step 1. Connect your external hard drive to your computer. Open EaseUS Todo PCTrans and select 'App Migration > Start'.
Step 2. Find and choose the applications (marked as 'Yes') that you want to transfer. You can select multiple apps.
Click 'Browse' and select your external hard drive as the destination to store the apps.
Step 3. Then, click 'Transfer' to move your programs to an external hard drive
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is a simple wizard-based tool to help you transfer data between PCs. If you have any data transfer problem, you can always turn to EaseUS.
Lesson 2: Buying Photoshop
If you're thinking about purchasing or upgrading to the latest version of Adobe Photoshop, there are some important things to consider before you buy. For example, you'll need to learn more about the different purchasing options and choose the version of Photoshop that's right for you.
Photoshop purchasing options
If you're interested in buying Photoshop, you have several options to choose from:
- Photoshop CC: If you want to buy the full version of Photoshop, you'll need to pay a monthly subscription fee for Adobe Creative Cloud. Photoshop CC is available for both Windows and Mac.
- Photoshop Elements: If you don't need all of the features of the full version of Photoshop, you might consider buying Photoshop Elements instead. Photoshop Elements is available for both Windows and Mac.
- Mobile apps: If you want to edit photos on the go, there are a few Photoshop mobile apps available for iOS and Android. However, most of these apps may be less powerful and offer less control than the full desktop version.
- Alternative software: If you don't need all of Photoshop's features—or if you're trying to save money—there are many other image editing applications you can use. You can review our lesson on Photoshop alternatives to learn more about some free and low-cost applications you might be able to use instead.
Adobe Creative Cloud and Photoshop CC
Unlike many other applications you may have used, you cannot buy a boxed copy of Photoshop CC. Instead, you'll need a subscription plan through Adobe Creative Cloud, Adobe's cloud-based software service. Then, you'll download Photoshop CC to your computer. A Creative Cloud subscription includes other benefits, including cloud-based storage for your Photoshop projects. You'll also receive the newest version of Photoshop whenever it's made available, so you'll never have to worry about upgrading to the most recent version.
You can subscribe to Creative Cloud for about $10 per month (or about $120 per year). Previously, you could purchase a boxed copy of Photoshop without a subscription, but it would typically cost more than $700. While this means the cost of entry for using Photoshop is much lower than it was in the past, keep in mind that this subscription fee will add up over time, especially if you plan to keep the subscription for several years.
You can also buy other Adobe applications through Adobe Creative Cloud, including Lightroom, Illustrator, and InDesign. There are different plans and pricing options available depending on your needs. Visit this page for more information on purchasing a Creative Cloud subscription. If you still have questions about how Creative Cloud works, you can visit Adobe's Creative Cloud FAQ page.
If you don't need all of Photoshop's features, you might consider purchasing Photoshop Elements instead. You can think of Photoshop Elements as Photoshop Light. It gives you access to some of the most popular features from the full version, but it generally costs less than $100 and does not require a subscription. If you don't have a lot of previous experience with image editing, Photoshop Elements may be a good option for you.
Do You Have To Buy Photoshop For Macbook Air
Missing features in Photoshop Elements
Do You Have To Buy Photoshop For Macbook Pro
Below, you'll find a list of some of the main limitations of Photoshop Elements. These are somewhat advanced features, which is why they're not included in this version. If you've never heard about some of the things we mention below, don't worry—we'll cover several of them throughout the tutorial.
- Adjustment layers: Elements has a limited selection of adjustment layers. For example, you won't be able to create a Curves adjustment layer, though it does have a similar feature you can use.
- Layer masks: Elements does not allow you to create layer masks. However, you will be able to edit layer masks for adjustment layers. You'll also be able to edit existing layer masks when working with files created in the full version of Photoshop.
- Layer groups: Elements does not allow you to create new layer groups. However, you will be able to view existing groups when working with files created in the full version of Photoshop.
- Color options: Elements does not include as many advanced options for adjusting color, like the Channels panel. It also has limited support for working with different color profiles and color spaces (such as CMYK).
- Drawing tools: Elements does not include several of the commonly used vector-based drawing tools found in Photoshop, like the Pen tool and Paths panel.
- 8-bit mode: Elements is mostly limited to photos that use 8-bit mode; it offers very little support for 16- and 32-bit modes, which many photographers use to get even higher-quality photos. However, 8-bit mode still offers a high level of quality—it's actually the mode most digital cameras use—so for many people this will not be a major limitation.
Photoshop for mobile devices
If you want to edit photos on the go, Adobe offers mobile apps. They vary in both features and price, but you should be able to find one that meets your needs:
- Adobe Photoshop Express: Available for iOS, Android, and Windows Phone, this free app allows you to make quick changes to your photos, like cropping and applying simple filters. You can also purchase additional feature packs for a small price.
- Photoshop CC on iPad: Scheduled for release in 2019, this app will be just as powerful and fully-featured as the desktop version of Photoshop. While Adobe hasn't yet released many details, it will likely require an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription.