- Boson X Demo
- Boson X Jacksepticeye
- Boson X Game
- Boson Software Download
- Boson X Itstate
Mu and Heyo
Based in Melbourne, Australia
26 September 2013
Boson X Demo
Boson, one day all this will be yours. With the endless-running genre ploughing an ever-deepening furrow of mediocrity, Boson X could well be ignored. That would be terrible, because this is a brilliant, twitchy arcade masterpiece that pulsates with originality and heart. Boson X is available on Steam for Windows, Mac and Linux as well as iOS and Android. NOTE: Some sections of this game contain flashing lights which may cause an adverse reaction in some users. This slow-moving X boson, which has a mass of 16.7 million electron volts (MeV), splits into an electron-positron pair. Because they do not get as big a forward push as the decay products of.
PC, Mac, Linux
Quantum jump from Planck to Planck as you hit critical velocity in Boson X, a new rotational runner from Mu & Heyo. Use precise timing and fast reflexes to navigate a subatomic world where floors and ceilings don't exist. Will you be fast enough to discover the mysterious Boson X?
Jon and Ian have been working on Boson X on and off for about 3 years, while maintaining full-time jobs. They've added many features and then taken them out again, refined and polished the controls and levels, and agonised over many design decisions. They're feeling pretty good about it now and are looking forward to sharing it with the world. The PC, Mac and Linux version was released on 30 August as freeware and the iOS version will be available on 26 September as a paid app.
Boson X Jacksepticeye
- Fast-paced, unforgiving gameplay
- 18 distinct procedurally generated levels to master
- 3 playable characters
- No superfluous powerups, coins or XP systems - just deadly serious scientific research
- Simple, precise controls on iOS - no swiping or tilting
- Discover the principles of each level by repeated experimentation and observation
iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch TrailerYouTube
Original Launch TrailerYouTube
Awards & Recognition
- 'Featured in the Best of 2013 category on the App Store' December 2013
- 'Touch Arcade Game of the Week' 27 September 2013
- 'Nominated for Pocket Gamer Android Game of the Year' Pocket Gamer Awards 2014
- 'a brilliant, twitchy arcade masterpiece that pulsates with originality and heart'
- Harry Slater, Pocket Gamer
- 'a massively unique take on the endless runner genre'
- Mike Rose, GameZebo
- 'an amazingly compelling game'
- Shaun Musgrave, Touch Arcade
- 'Exciting, fast and incredibly easy to pick up'
- Ben Barrett, Rock Paper Shotgun
- 'But it's the level design that really smacks you round the back of the head'
- Chris Priestman, Indie Statik
- '...mixing the spinning geometry of Hexagon and the procedural autorunning of Canabalt'
- John Polson, Indie Games
- 'Boson X is fantastic and you should play it right now'
- Grant Howitt, Look, Robot
Request Press Copy
About Mu and Heyo
Mu and Heyo is an independent games studio based in Melbourne, Australia, made up of Ian MacLarty and Jon Kerney.
More information on Mu and Heyo, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Boson X Game
Boson X Credits
Game design, programming, audio
Game design, graphics, animation
Boson Software Download
presskit() by Rami Ismail (Vlambeer) - also thanks to these fine folks
Boson X Itstate
Boson X is a platform game where you control a teacher, Mr. Boson, who must run nonstop through a particle collider in order to discover mysterious and unknown particles.
Gameplay in Boson X is similar to that of other 3D 'endless runner' games, but with a few small differences. Although the goal is to run nonstop and try to get as far as possible, to do so you have just three buttons: jump left, jump right, and jump center. Meanwhile, the ground platforms appear and disappear as you go.
The trick is that the longer you press the button, the further you jump. This means you have to judge every jump perfectly, calculating how far you need to go to land on the next platform while predicting which direction you'll need to move in further ahead.
Boson X is a platform game with highly entertaining gameplay, which also has some outstanding graphics and technical elements. Best of all, it is completely free and also includes online leaderboards.