DivX is a media container format based on MPEG-4 standard. The DviX codec can compress video clips into small file sizes in pretty good image quality. Therefore, you can save video and audio files as the DivX format with little noticeable quality loss. To play DviX files everywhere, you can get your best DivX player software for playback here.
- Among the best free video player out there, Pot Player is an incredibly powerful program. It has a massive array of codecs built in and offers support for not only 360-degree and 8K videos, but.
- Macgo Mac Media Player is a best free media player for Mac OS X with high definition quality of up to 1080P/4K Video and DTS5.1 audio system. Macgo Mac Media Player offers a lot of playback options. You can watch the movies and videos in foreign languages by taking help of the subtitles.
XviD is an open source MPEG-4 video codec distributed under the GNU General Public License (GNU GPL) on multiplatform. Thus, you can play XviD movies with an XviD player across all platforms. Though XviD is a lossy compression. It can keep sharp picture details without causing heavy quality loss.
The Best Free Video Players app downloads for Mac: VLC Media Player SmartPSS for Mac (64-bit) Apple QuickTime Player 7 Flip Player 5KPlayer KMPlayer H.
Part 1: Top 10 DivX Player for PC and Mac
DviX and XviD formats look quite similar. If you pay attention to DviX VS XviD, you can find many differences varies from privacy to compatibility. To play DviX, XviD and other popular video formats on PC, you can turn to Blu-ray Master Free Blu-ray Player for help. Obviously, you can also play any Blu-ray and DVD disc as its name shows. The intuitive interface and customizable visual-audio effects can also bring you full pleasure.
- 1. Play almost all popular videos, including DivX, XviD, MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, etc.
- 2. Watch any homemade and commercial Blu-ray and DVD discs with 100% image quality.
- 3. Choose from full, half, normal and double screen size.
- 4. Apply video effects including hue, brightness, contrast, saturation and Gamma.
- 5. Work with Windows 10/8/7/Vista/XP.
Download and install the free DviX player on the PC. Click “Open File” to import your DivX video. Well, you can insert a Blu-ray/DVD disc and click “Open Disc” to load the disc content if necessary.
After choosing the DivX file, it will start to play the video automatically. You can click “Fast forward” or “Fast backward” icons to skip unwanted part quickly. If you want to take a screenshot, you can click the camera-like “Screenshot” icon near the bottom.
Click “Video” to switch to a proper screen size. Moreover, you can adjust visual effects with easy-to-use parameters. Click “Reset” to confirm and move on.
If you want to get more information about DivX player for PC and Mac, you can check the complete table below. These are best free DivX and XviD player for Windows 10 and Mac software.
|DivX Player||OS||Download link||Features|
|Free Blu-ray Player||Windows||https://download.bluraycopys.com/free-blu-ray-player.exe|
1. Free to play Blu-ray, DVD, general video and audio with zero quality loss.
2. Offer an intuitive interface with various adjustable visual effects.
|VLC Media player||Windows, Mac||https://www.videolan.org/vlc/|
1. VLC DivX player freeware can play XviD videos on multiplatform.
2. Have built-in video editing features.
1. The Windows-based DivX player can play videos with main integrated video codes, like DivX, XviD, MPEG, MP4, AVI, etc.
2. Support to play up to twelve video tracks at the same time.
|KM Player||Windows, Mac||http://www.kmplayer.com/|
1. Allow users to watch high quality movies with video and audio effects.
2. The XviD video codec player can increase the playback speed in clicks.
|Free XviD Player||Windows||https://free-xvid-player.en.softonic.com/|
1. Free XviD Player is made for XviD movies without any codec packs on Windows 7/Vista/XP.
2. The XviD video codec player can play XviD files for free only.
1. It is an open source DivX and XviD video player.
2. The standalone DivX player for Windows offers a dual-player mode.
|GOM Player||Windows, Mac||https://www.gomlab.com/gomplayer-media-player/|
1. The free DivX player for Mac and Windows integrates DivX, XviD and other popular video codes.
2. Search and sync subtitles for the streaming movie automatically.
|QuickTime Player||Windows, Mac||https://support.apple.com/kb/DL837?locale=et_EE|
1. QuickTime Player is the default media player for Mac. You can play XviD and DivX video files on PC with QuickTime Player for free too.
2. The DivX player needs to be upgraded to the Pro version to get more features.
|DivX Player||Windows, Mac||https://www.divx.com/|
1. Play, create and cast your favorite videos in DivX, AVI, MKV, and HEVC up to 4K.
2. The DivX Player free version provides limited playback features.
|Windows Media Player||Windows, Mac||https://formac.informer.com/windows-media-player|
1. The free DivX player can play multimedia files, including DviX and XviD files.
2. Offer a clean and simple interface.
Part 2: Top 5 DivX Player for Android and iPhone
Then how about DivX Player apps for iOS and Android devices? If you want to play DivX movies on your phone, you can get your best DivX player for Android or iPhone here.
|DivX Player||Platform||Download link||Features|
1. BSPlayer free XviD video codec player for Android supports various video and audio formats, like XviD, MKV, MOV, MTS, etc.
2. Get background playback in popup window.
1. The DivX player for Android allows users to watch videos in various formats without conversion.
2. Support multi-audio streams and multi-subtitles playlists.
1. It is a full HD XviD player app optimized for the latest iPhone and iPad.
2. Transfer XviD files between iOS devices.
1. The application can play XviD, DivX, MOV, MP4 and multiple video formats on iPhone, iPad and iPod.
2. The DivX Player enables users to watch and download video and audio files in different qualities.
1. It is a powerful DivX video player for all Android phones and tablets.
2. Play 720p, 1080p FullHD and 2K/4K UltraHD videos on Android fluently.
These are latest DivX player software that you can play DivX movies on Windows, Mac, iPhone and Android freely. By the way, you can also enjoy XviD video files with the above programs. As for the best DivX Player for PC, Free Blu-ray Player is the first choice for both beginners and experts. You can play almost all discs and HD videos smoothly and effortlessly. Well, you can get good user experiences from other DivX players too. If you have any suggestions or questions, you can feel free and leave messages below.
Part 3. FAQs of Free DivX/XviD Video Player
1. Is DivX still used?
Yes. DivX is a brand of video codec that can compress lengthy video segments into small sizes while maintaining high quality. It is used to store high-quality video with high resolution up to 1080 HD.
2. Do I need DivX on my computer?
DivX is a video codec. You can use some open source players like VLC to play the video that are encoded with DivX format. If you don’t have any player, you may not need it.
3. Which player can play DivX files?
You can play DivX file with Blu-ray Master Free Blu-ray Player, VLC Media Player, MVS Player, GOM Player, QuickTime Player and DivX Player on Windows and Mac, Mobo Player and RockPlayer 2 on Android, and Flex Player on iPhone.
Video Player for MAC OS X – Which is the best video player for Mac? See the list of top 10 best Video players for MAC OS X
If you like watching videos and movies on your MAC OS X, you should have good powerful video players which can support any format and give the HD view of all the movies.
MAC OS X is having a very limited number of media players available and it can be difficult sometimes to select the best video player for Mac. Specially, if you are a new Mac user and don’t have any ideas of which is the best video player for Mac? Or, how to download best video player for Mac OS X?
So, if you are looking for the best video player for Mac then you are at the absolute right place as today we are going to share the top 10 best video players for MAC OS X in this post.
Related tips you might like »»
10 Best Video Players for Mac OS X
Since, the default video player of Mac OS X doesn’t support some video file formats like MKV, AVI, FLV, etc. So, you need to install a third-party media player that supports all video file formats on Mac.
In this guide, we have gathered some best video players for Mac OS X which allows you to play any file formats like MOV, MP4, QuickTime, AVI, MPEG, some WMV, DVD ISO file, etc. So, let’s have a look at the list of top 10 best video players for MAC OS X:
(1) VLC Media Player
The first video player for MAC is the VLC Media Player. This is an open source software which you can use to watch all your favorite movies and videos. One of the reasons that you need to try VLC on your MAC OS X is it comes with easy to use interface and supports many different file formats.
Some of the most exclusive features of VLC Media Player are:
- Simple, fast and powerful media player.
- Plays everything: Files, Discs, Webcams, Devices and Streams.
- Runs on all platforms: Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, Unix etc.
- Completely Free, no spyware, no ads and no user tracking.
- Can do media conversion and streaming.
- Plays most codecs with no codec packs needed: MPEG-2, DivX, H.264, MKV, WebM, WMV, MP3 and much more.
(2) Macgo Mac Media Player
Macgo Mac Media Player is a best free media player for Mac OS X with high definition quality of up to 1080P/4K Video and DTS5.1 audio system. Macgo Mac Media Player offers a lot of playback options. You can watch the movies and videos in foreign languages by taking help of the subtitles. There are many themes also available for this video player which will help you to customize it. You can download best video players for Mac for free.
Some most important features of Macgo Mac Media Player are:
- Macgo Mac Media Player is 100% FREE to use
- Support (HD) high definition of up to 1080P/4K Video and DTS5.1 audio
- System Requirements for the Mac Version: Mac OS X 10.6 – 10.11 El Capitan
- Almost all kinds of media formats, like DVD, videos, audios and photos can be played with it
- Even, it can play on iPhone / iPad (mini / Air) / iPod touch with AirX feature available
- Quite adjustable audio and video settings, and amazing themes
(3) Elmedia Player
Elmedia Player is also a well known best free media player for Mac OS X. This software can not only be used for watching videos but also for listening to songs and streaming online movies and videos from Youtube. To get the best movies experience, there are advanced features in this video player such as 10 band equalizer, brightness control, contrast, saturation among many others.
Some of the most valuable features of Elmedia Player are:
- A multifunctional free media player for Mac
- It can play virtually all media files on your Mac
- Allows you to watch online videos from the app window
- Download videos and soundtracks from YouTube
- Grab a still from a video or make a set of images
- Convert Projector EXE files into SWF format
- Having video tuner to adjust brightness, contrast, saturation and other related parameters.
- You can save videos, including RTMP streams, and external resources required by SWF animations.
- It supports a wide range of audio & video formats including FLV, SWF, WMV, AVI, MOV, MP4, MP3, DAT, FLAC, M4V, MPG, MKV and more.
The next best video player for MAC is 5KPlayer. Using this video player you can watch any movie you want to watch flawlessly. 5KPlayer will allow you to view the movies in 4K, 5K, 1080p HD resolution also. Along with watching movies, you can use this video player to play your favorite music too in different file formats such as FLAC, MP3, APE, and AAC. You can also play songs on this software by connecting it with Apple Play.
Best Video Player For Mac Reviews
Basically, 5KPlayer is a complete mixture of free (MKV) HD video player, music player, AirPlay media streamer and
online video downloader. Here are some most exclusive features of 5KPlayer:
- Play MP3 AAC APE FLAC music perfectly to activate your senses.
- Have built-in AirPlay sender/receiver to stream audio video.
- Download online videos from YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo etc.
- 5KPlayer Supports Playing DVDs on Mac/PC
- Play 4K/5K/1080p HD videos, DVDs and radio with a revolutionary design.
(5) DivX Player
DivX Player is an award-winning video player software that allows you to play, create and stream their favorite videos, including DivX, MKV and HEVC up to 4K. DivX is one of the best video players for Mac as it supports playback of all the movies which are in ultra HD quality. If you like watching movies from the DVD’s then you need to try DivX. The software is available for free for MAC OS X.
Some of the most important features of DivX Player are:
- High-quality video playback up to 4K and streaming to devices
- It is completely optimized for movies, TV shows and web video clips
- It allows you to pick your scene and get organized with playlists (video library with custom playlists)
- Copy videos to CD, DVD and USB
- Stream videos to DLNA-compatible devices like Samsung 0003and LG TVs, gaming consoles, tablets and more
- Create and play videos with multiple audio and subtitle tracks in several formats
- Custom encoding settings in Converter: resolution, video bitrate, rotation, and HEVC encoding modes
- Advanced audio features (support for multiple audios)
- Even, you can easily keep track of what you watch
- Perfectly supports all the most popular formats, including AVI, DIVX, MKV, MP4 and much more
Perian is a free open source, QuickTime program that supports many popular media types, including AVI, DivX, and XviD. This video player is ideal for watching all the movies which are available in Quicktime file format. The software is open source which means you can download video player for mac for free. There are a lot of useful and advanced features present in Perian.
Some most interesting features of Perian are:
Best Video Player For Macbook Pro
- Works with QuickTime 7.6.6
- Subtitle support for SSA/ASS, SAMI, and SRT
- Fairly compatible with MAC OS X 10.4.7 Or Higher versions
- Support wide range of media files like AVI, DIVX, FLV, MKV, GVI, VP6, VFW and many more
MPlayerX is the next player which makes to our list of video players for MAC OS X. MPlayer X is used by many MAC users. The reason behind this is that MPlayerX software has all the famous codecs which are used in video files. You can also watch movies online from streaming websites like Vimeo, Youtube as the video players for MAC allows you to watch online videos. You can download video player for MAC for free.
If you are looking for a simple, powerful, and beautiful video player for Mac OS X then MPlayerX is one of the most appropriate choices for you. Some most important key features of MPlayerX are:
- Multi-Screen & Fullscreen support.
- Apple Remote support, Multi-Touch support.
- Play online video in single click
- Automatic find next proper file to play.
- Having the ability to manually fix audio and video
- Change subtitle size while playing(except VOBSub)
- Remember last played time and resume playing.
- It can detect and convert the encoding method of the subtitle file automatically.
- System requirements for Mac version: Mac OS X 10.7 or later (Intel, 64-bit processor)
Movavi media player is also one of the most simple ways to play any video or audio on your Mac. If you want to download the best video players for MAC OS X, you should give a try to Movavi. This video player supports more than 50 file formats which will allow you to watch any movie. The interface of this video players for MAC is clean and user-friendly.
Some most valuable features of Movavi media player for Mac:
- Enjoy smooth HD video playback
- Play WMV video and WMA audio on your Mac
- Full with features and helpful video playing options
- Open media files of more than 50 formats: AVI, MOV, WMV, MKV, MP4, FLV, MTS, and more
- System Requirements for Mac version: Mac OS X 10.6 – 10.10 – 64-bit (Intel-based Mac computer)
(9) QuickTime Player
The next best video player for MAC OS X is QuickTime Player. The software is developed by Apple and is compatible with all the Apple laptops. If you want to watch QuickTime movies, you can use this video player. This good video player for MAC also supports playback of the MIDI files.
Some most well-known features of QuickTime player are:
- Playback of 30+ common audio and video formats
- Quick play, record, edit, and share audio and video files on your Mac.
- System requirements: Mac OS X 10.6.3 or later
- Support various languages
(10) GOM Player
The last player which makes to our list of the good video player for MAC is GOM Player. This video player is very easy to use and comes with good looks. All the famous video formats are compatible with this software. You can adjust the brightness, contrast, and even saturation while you are watching movies in GOM Player.
Some most important features of GOM Media Player are:
- GOM Media Player is completely free to download and use.
- Allows you to make customization according to your need
- Includes synchronization options
- Adjustable zoom and aspect ratio
- Codec finder will help you to search and download the missing codec.
- Advanced features like A-B repeat, screen capture, Media Player capture, playback speed control, and video effects etc.
- Ability to play all the most popular video formats by default: AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, and more!
If you are looking for a lightweight video player for Mac, VLC media player is the best player for your MAC OS X computer. All other video players will also perfectly help you in watching your favorite movies, and videos on Mac.
Please feel free to share your view with us using the comment section below – According to you, which is the best video player for Mac? which video player are you using on your MAC OS X?
Read next:How to Watch 3D Movies on PC using VLC Media Player