Roundup of the best Video Editing Software for Mac in 2019! We look at all the leading options, and our top picks for both free and paid Mac video editors ri. IMovie is the best free video editing software for Mac users, as it delivers themes, Hollywood-style trailers and video effects with minimalistic panache, a cinematic flair, and deep integration. Verdict: Openshot is an open source Mac video editing software. It may remind iMovie with its easy to use drag-and-drop interface. However, Openshot contains more features than iMovie, including an unlimited number of layers and sound mixing. This free video editor for Mac offers a good balance between advanced features and a simple interface.
iMovie is no longer free for Mac users to edit videos. So you need to look for other free video editing software for Mac (macOS 10.14 Mojave included) as alternative solution. No need to search around the internet, here you can get top 9 free video editors for Mac listed below that are sure to accomplish all your video editing needs. Edit a wide variety of video file formats to make them your own customized movie experience. Add effects, subtitles, music...you name it. When it comes to video editing, your creativity is the limit.
Top 9 Best Mac Video Editing Software You Should Know
#1. Filmora Video Editor (Mac and Windows)
Best Mac Video Editing Software For Beginners
The best video editor overall is: Adobe Premiere Pro For a small monthly sub, Premiere Pro offers outstanding value for money. It's the industry-standard video editing program, used by the pros. Top 7 Free GoPro Video Editors for Mac; Part 1. Best GoPro Video Editor for Mac and Windows Recommended. If you are looking for a GoPro video editor with remarkable features, then Wondershare UniConverter (originally Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate) is the right choice. This editor allows the users to download Windows or Mac.
Why settle for a simple and limited video editor when you can have it all? Filmora Video Editor brings all tools into one amazing program that enables video editing, and is also a video converter. Edit video and convert video at will, for virtually all formats available and a huge array of devices.
Whatever you need, Filmora Video Editor for Mac has it! Or, if you're absolutely just looking for a dedicated video editor, we also have the best solution. Try our Filmora Video Editor for Mac! The best video editor for Mac (macOS High Sierra included) in the market.
- Supports almost all video, audio and image formats.
- Makes amazing movies with 300+ new eye-catching effects.
- Allows you to add music to video or crop/trim/merge videos.
- Full compatible with macOS 10.6 or later including macOS 10.13 High Sierra, and Windows 10/8/7/XP/Vista.
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Edit Videos on Mac using Filmora Video Editor for Mac
Step 1. Import Video
Open Filmora Video Editor for Mac and click on “Import” button on the home screen. Choose “Import Media Files” and select the video file on your Mac that you want to upload. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the video from your local storage to the program window.
Step 2. Edit Video
To edit the video, you need to drag the video to the timeline on the screen.
To cut the video place the pointers on the position that you want to cut the video and click on Scissor button. Alternatively, you can right-click on the video and click on cut or split the video. You can also delete the part that you have cut.
When you click on “Edit” once you right click on the video, you will get basic editing options appear on a window such as brightness, contrast, saturation as well as audio editing options like volume, pitch and noise removal.
For effects click, on the desired effects like overlay. Choose an overlay and drag it to the video. It will appear on the video once you play it.
Step 3. Save the Edited Video
After editing the video, click on “Export” button and select “Output” format. You can also opt to burn video to DVD, export online or save to a device. For Output option, just choose the output format and then select the destination on your folder and export file.
Editing videos on Mac with Filmora Video Editor for Mac is quite simple and fast. Moreover, this video editor for Mac allows you save and share files in different ways.
Avidemux is an open source video editor for Mac that will make encoding, filtering, and cutting a breeze. In comparison to other video editors for Mac, this video editor for Mac is compatible with different video formats such as DVD, MPEG, AVI, and many more. It also supports some audio formats including WAV, AAC, MP3,among others. If you are a beginner in video editing, there is no need to worry because it's very easy to use and will allow you to edit your video files without experiencing any inconvenience. Like all video editing programs, this tool is easy to install. It can also be downloaded easily. For first time users, there is a detailed tutorial provided. It also comes with advanced features that will provide total convenience for all users. However, for non-tech savvy people, you might find some of its functions confusing. But, with its user-friendly interface, you won't need to study numerous tutorials.
Blender is a free video editing software for Mac and free 3D rendering program, which features the best list of animation essentials such as modeling, rigging, interface, animation, shading, UV unwrapping, real time 3D game creation, and so on. This also has a pack of high-end interface that is loaded with intrinsic and useful tools. But, like most video editors, this has also pros and cons. When compared to some video editors, this video editor for Mac is a video editor that provides professional 3D quality that is available for free. It has a lot of features and ideals for every 3D enthusiasts, graphic artists, and designers. It is also versatile and lightweight. Unfortunately, beginners might experience difficulties when using this software. But, luckily, there is a manual that can help you make the most of it. Blender is also compatible with various versions of Windows.
Kdenlive or KDE Non-Linear Video Editor is an open source Mac video editing application. Its package is based on MLT Framework that focuses on easy to use features and flexibility. When compared to other video editors, this supports all formats, which are supported by the FFmpeg including AVI, QuickTime, FlashVideo, WMV, and MPEG. This video editor for Mac also supports 16:9 and 4:3 aspect ratios for NTSC, PAL, and some HD standards including AVCHD and HDV. The videos created with this software can be exported to a Device. Users can also write it on a DVD using its simple menu. Kdenlive is also compatible with Linux. But, make sure to check the compatibility of your system to avoid any issues. Most users like this Mac video editing software. However, others have experienced difficulties in using it because of the complexity of its interface. Nevertheless, the manual is of certain help for any doubts.
JahShaka is one of the Mac video editing tools that aim to become an open source, cross-platform, and free video editing tool. At present, it is in its alpha stage and supports real time effects rendering. It is best for every user who has not yet enough experience using video editors. But, professionals can also rely on this video editing tool. Unfortunately, JahShaka is still lacking some helpful implementations of numerous features including the non-linear editing system. This video editing tool was written with the use of Qt by Troll tech, but the user interface of this software is using the library of OpenGL to make the GUIs. This video editor for Mac is also compatible with Linux and Windows. Nevertheless, this video editing software has some issues. So, before you consider it, see to it that your system is compatible with the program's features to avoid any inconvenience and for you to use it properly.
#6. VideoLan Movie Creator
VideoLan Movie Creator is a video editor for Mac, which is different from VLC Media Player, but they are both developed by VideoLan Organization. The project was developed for playing videos and some media formats. This movie creator is perfect for everyone who wants a program that will provide convenience whenever they are creating movies and videos of high quality. The software is compatible with other operating systems as well. However, there are some issues that were experienced by many users. These issues include sudden crashes of the program. But, overall, VideoLan Movie Creator is a video editor mac that you must try, most particularly if you are just starting to explore movie creation or video editing. The interface of the movie creator is easy to use and simple. So, this just means that there is no need for you to learn more about it as it won't require special skills in order for you to use it.
Mac video editing tool that was developed by Apple for iOS devices (including iPod touch, iPad Mini, iPad, and iPhone) and Mac. Originally released in 1999 as an application for Mac OS 8. The third version of iMovie was only released for OS-X, but there are modified versions so users can use it properly. iMovie is best at importing video footage to Mac using the interface of FireWire or through USB. This video editor for Mac also imports photos and video files from hard drives. With this video editing tool, you can edit video clips, add effects or music. There is also included a basic color correction option as well as other video enhancement tools. Transitions like slides and fades are also possible. However, even if iMovie is rich in various features, the effects options are not really very comprehensive, when compared to other editors.
#8. Adobe Premiere Pro
Well, many people heard about Adobe Premiere Pro. This video editor for Mac is a professional Mac video editing software program, which also has Windows version. It is a part of the Adobe Creative Suite for designers and developers. It has both standard and professional features, but you will need some experience to learn working with it. People from all around the work use it because it allows them to perform a lot of actions.
Our last proposition for you is HyperEngine-AV, another free video editing software for Mac. You can capture, edit, and export audio and video files, and even to create quality DVDs with your movies. It offers you twelve studio quality effects, and you can also add info and credits, titles, or karaoke lyrics. We like it a lot because it comes with editable fonts, colors, styles, and many more.
Related Articles & Tips
Now that you have taken excellent aerial shots of, for example, the snow-capped mountain peaks, it is time to edit the DJI drone footage and share it over social media. This is exactly where a DJI video editing software can come to your rescue by transforming the captured frames into pure magic. This article rounds up the best 5 video editors in 2020 for you to enhance the action camera videos. We break down the issue by answering these questions:
- 1. Does DJI Have a Video Editor?
- 2. Edit DJI Video on PC vs on Mobile, What's In for Us?
- 3. What Are the Top 5 Video Editing Software for DJI Drone Videos?
- 4. How to Edit DJI Video Footages Easily on Windows/Mac?
- 5. DJI Video Edting Tips: What to Do with Drone Videos
Does DJI Have a Video Editor?
Yes, DJI users mostly bank on its default application, DJI GO 4 for shooting, editing and sharing videos on their mobile devices. But it doesn’t have any PC version. It could be increasingly difficult for people who prefer to edit video on a bigger screen with more functions.
Edit DJI Video on PC vs on Mobile, What's In for Us?
DJI GO 4 app runs on a mobile, and it is a nice choice to edit drone videos on-the-go. That said, there are some pitfalls that could make your mobile editing a nightmare:
• DJI videos are saved in cached versions in the DJI GO app. Thus, if you wish to edit and save it at high definition, i.e., better image quality, you will have to download its copy from the SD card of your drone to the computer. Then why not proceed to edit on PC with more flexibility?
• Working on a PC also makes things seem easier as you get to operate on a wider interface where everything can be navigated to without having to break any sweat.
• Smartphones usually are not equipped with adequate memory which is necessary for saving large 4K DJI footages.
• Action camera and drones use highly compressed codec to store video files, by so doing, they are able to capture videos at 1080p/4k and higher resolutions while keeping the file size small. However, decoding the highly compressed codec requires more computing power, and may cause problems such as iPhone overheating or app crashing.
Every now and then, you will find yourself search for the best DJI video editing software on Windows or Mac, and all the above annoyance would gone for good with the right tool.
The Top 5 Video Editing Software for DJI Drone Videos
#1. VideoProc [Fastest and Easiest for Processing 4K HEVC DJI Videos]
What are the challenges you will be meeting in DJI video editing? We notice there are complaining such as: software too complex to learn, not enough format support, low-spec computer stutters and freezes during editing, or it takes forever to export a short video.
All your headache ends with VideoProc. This lightweight video processing software can help you to cut videos without learning curve, with nice filters, advanced stabilization algorithm, and powerful GPU acceleration for fast rendering and exporting.
• Process 1080p, 4k, 8k videos without glitches or high CPU usage
• Speed up or slow down drone videos to highlight a moment
• Convert highly compressed DJI video format to editing-friendly codec
• Stabilize video with advanced deshake algorithm
• Cut videos, add filters, adjust brightness, color, add subtitles, etc.
#2. Adobe Premiere Pro [Best for Backing Up HEVC DJI Videos Data through Adobe Creative Cloud]
This industry-leading video editing software can serve you well while trying to edit the footages captured through your DJI Drone. It can be used as a DJI drone video editor that is powered to the core by Adobe Sensei which helps in crafting polished footages having a professional appeal.
• Has the ability of exporting videos in a variety of formats.
• All the data gets backed up automatically in Apple Cloud.
• Comes with enhanced tracking as well as masking capabilities.
• Footages can be edited in all formats ranging from 8K to virtual reality.
#3. Cyberlink Power Director [Best Choice for 360-Degree Drone Camera Users]
If you have a 360-degree drone camera, then you are bound to feel benefitted from using the Cyberlink Power Director. This versatile tool can proceed with synchronized editing of footages captured using multiple cameras. You can use it as a DJI drone video editing software.
• Vector shapes can be both applied and edited using precise keyframe controls and auto-fit text.
• Motion graphic elements can be merged with the titles of videos to impart a stylish look.
• 18 transition effects can add a professional touch to your captured footages.
• Supports multi-GPU acceleration and OpenCL for editing 4K clips as well as videos without succumbing to system lag.
#4. Davinci Resolve [Free Choice for Easing Out the Post-Production Process]
This software has gained a lot of popularity amongst professional video editors who make use of the same in free post-production process. A unique thing about Davinci Resolve is that it can handle parallel engines for enhancing the color grading process as well as quality.
• Supports real-time video editing in 2K resolution.
• Offers powerful new features like speed wrap, facial recognition etc.
• Both effects and grades can be applied to clips.
• End projects can be directly uploaded to Vimeo and YouTube.
#5. iMovie [Built-in Mac Tool for Amateur Users]
This tool comes built-in to every Mac system and even features an easy learning curve making it ideal for amateur users. iMovie can serve you well if you wish to undertake basic editing work on footages. It features an intuitive design and simple accompanying instructions which can enhance your knowledge about the same.
• Can be used on your iPhone and iPad apart from Mac laptops or PCs.
• Support 4K video editing without suffering quality loss.
• Animated titles and credits can be added to the footages from the dozens of available styles.
• 10 high fidelity video filters can impart a professional look to your movie.
How to Edit DJI Video Footages Easily on Windows/Mac?
It becomes extremely easy to transcode, tweak and adjust (4K/large) videos captured using DJI cameras through VideoProc. Once you have added the video, you will be presented with an array of options which can guide you through the processing part. This also holds true for amateur users who are trying our video processing for the very first time.
1. Convert: You can convert videos by first importing the source video and next selecting the target format before the transcoding process.
2. Cut: You can cut or trim DJI videos by selecting the tool from the Edit toolbar and specifying the position by dragging the dual green knobs.
3. Split: Choose the Split option from the Toolbox and select the parts you wish to keep by moving the dual green knobs.
4. Stabilize/Deshake: DJI's in-camera stabilization won't work in certain resolutions, and that's where post-production comes to your aid. Videos can be stabilized by selecting the Deshake option from the Toolbox and trimming the shaky segments by moving the green cursors.
5. Reduce Noise: Drone audio noise can be reduced or removed by selecting the Denoise option from the Toolbox tab and making your selection by moving the green cursors.
6. Merge: Videos can be merged by first loading your preferred clips and clicking on the Merge button appearing on the main interface.
7. Remove Fisheye: Clicking on the Fisheye option from the Toolbox tab can provide you with access to lens correction controls. You can trim the segments having fisheye effect by simply moving the green cursors.
8. Adjust Speed: The feature of playback speed adjusting is somewhat hidden in the DJI video editor. Click any option on the Toobbox of VideoProc, switch to the first option – Audio & Video, glide left or right the control bar and adjust the playback speed from 0.10x to 16x.
Best Gopro Video Editing Software For Mac
The Level-3 Hardware Acceleration Technology helps VideoProc in processing videos 47 times faster than its peer tools. All of this is done by diminishing CPU usage for enhancing the longevity of your computer.
DJI Video Edting Tips: What to Do with Drone Videos
• Split/Cut: remove any unwanted clips, such as crash from the last flight.
• Correct color/brightness: keep the frames protected from under or over exposure which becomes extremely necessary when the sun is around.
Best Mac Video Editing Software For Youtube
• Stabilize shaky video: remove all signs of shakiness from the captured frames.
• Change speed: creates slow-mo as well as time-lapse videos which are currently in rage amongst media professionals.
• Zoom: as it doesn’t always become possible to fly very close to the target object.
• Mute or reduce noise: remove the interference caused by wind as well as the device itself.
• Some other popular demands on DJI drone video editing are color grading, intra-frame coding, D-log setting, video compression, barrel distortion removal, time remapping, 4K video rendering, tilt shift, camera tracking, overlay, motion tracking etc.
DJI videos usually have high bit depth, high frame rate, ultra-high resolution (such as 4K), high bitrate, etc. The common video editing tools available in the market are inadequate to handle the same and usually succumb to quality degradation as well as crash. This in turn creates the requirement of a professional video editing software which we have listed down below.
We hope our todays discussion could add value to your knowledge about best DJI video editing software. Although each one of them come with their own set of bells and whistles, VideoProc stands out from its peers with its versatile functionality which can help you undertake holistic video processing functions irrespective of your skill level.