Create USB patch sticks for Apple TV on Mac OS X
I'm in the same boat as Tazman, firmware 3.0.2 on ATV and patchstick b13 that i downloaded today and put on a 2gb travelstar drive. No issues with creating the file with atvusb-creator. Is there a visual timing step we are missing with the remote and when the atv is booting or should we immediately see a Tux / Linux icon? Go and download atvusb-creator from here to your Mac. I’m using version 1.0.b13 in this tutorial. After that, unzip the downloaded file and run the enclosed app named, atvusb-creator ( see reference pic ). Step 2: Prepare the USB Drive. To create a macOS Sierra USB installer, you’ll need a USB 2.0 or USB 3.0 drive with a capacity of at least 8GB. The process of creating the USB installer deletes all data on the USB drive, so make sure it doesn’t contain any important files. With your USB drive connected to your Mac, launch the Disk Utility app. Portable usb creator free download. Tor Browser Tor Browser enables you to use Tor on Windows, Mac OS X, or Linux without needing to install any sof.Mac OS X
February 24, 2010 11:40
With the ATV USB Creator, USB patch sticks can be created on Mac OS X, Windows and Linux to install additional software packages via the USB port on Apple TV. In addition to SSH tools, there are also pre-built packages for installation of Media Center programs such as XBMC and Boxee.
ATV USB Creator requires at least Mac OS X 10.4
Time tracking with iCal, Outlook and Google Sync
XBMC - Media Center
Media center for Mac OS X and Apple TV
Creating an installation image (DVD, USB flash drive, SD card) for Mac OS X Lion
Synchronize and share files over the Internet on Mac OS X
Fernsehen Pro - Alle Sender im Fernseher (inkl. Champions League)
Englisch - auf Video! (52001)
Crunchyroll - Watch Anime & Drama Now!
moviepilot Home - Filme, Serien für Stream & TV
Whats new on the Apple TV this time ... Our Review! more »
The new Apple iPhone 7 reviewed here! Whats new and is it worth it to buy!? more »
Screenshot on Mac OS X - HowToSeptember 02, 2016 19:19
How to take a screenshot with your Apple Mac OS X. Step by Step more »
The new Mac OS Sierra - ReviewSeptember 26, 2016 15:02
The new Mac OS Sierra - we tested it and there is the Review! more »
Win 7 Usb 3.0 Creator
Just in case you were unaware, XBMChas finally released an Eden copy of XBMC for your oldApple TV (1st generation).sağlık Though this 1st gen device is not the easiest to load XBMC on to, it is by no means impossible. If you simply follow these steps, from beginning to end, you will be enjoying unlimited multimedia goodness in no time.
Before we start, there are some basic requirements that are absolutely necessary for thisinstallation process.
- Computer (Windows or MAC)
- USB port and ATV USB Creator (grab it from the link provided and download it to your machine)
- A Flash Drive (USB Stick) that is a minimum 512MB.
- A 1st Generation Apple TV that has been updated to the latest software, version 3.0.2!
BE SAFE: To be on the safe side, make sure that you have unplugged all other USB drives from your computer before continuing. USB Creator does erase whatever drive you are using, so you want to make sure there is nothing vital loaded on any devices plugged in once we begin.
1. Download the ATV USB Creator and save it onto your system.
2. Insert your flash drive into your computer and format it to FAT32. Be aware that this step will erase anything located on your USB stick.
3. Open and run the ATV USB Creator software that we downloaded in step #1.
4. Once the software opens up, select the following options:
- Where you see “Choose an Installation” select “ATV-Patchstick”
- You don’t need to do anything for “Download AppleTV Update DMG or Choose a DMG”. ATV USB Creator will automatically download this file from Apple’s servers, so you don’t need to do anything there.
- For “Installation Options” you should not need to change anything. “AppleTV version 3.x” should already be selected, and there should already be check marks for “ssh tools”, “bin utils”, “SoftwareMenu”, and “XBMC/Boxee for Mac”
- For “USB Target Device” select the USB drive you plugged into your computer in step #2. You may need to hit the refresh button for it to show up. Now you can click on “Create Using ->”
- When the USB drive patchstick is done being created you can then remove it from your computer.
5. Unplug your Apple TV and insert the USB drive patchstick into the back of your device.
6. With the flash drive plugged into the back of your Apple TV, plug the power cable back in. As the Apple TV begins to power up it should now be loading from the flash drive. Now we will wait for the picture of a Penguin (Tux) sitting on an Apple TV. If you do not see this picture when you boot up, and the Apple TV 1 just boots up normally, you likely need to create a new USB drive patchstick using a different USB drive (preferably using a different brand). This problem isn’t often, but it does happen.
7. After the installation is finished, the screen will say that you can reboot. When you see this screen, remove the USB drive patchstick and then unplug (& then) re-plug the power chord to your Apple TV. This will reboot your device.
8. You now have ALL KINDS OF GOODNESS installed on your Apple TV. This is most noticeable in the fact that you now have a new option on your HOME SCREEN Menu Bar named “Launcher”
9. From your Home Screen, navigate to the option labeled “Launcher”. Once there continue to “Downloads”, and then select XBMC. This may show more than one entry for XBMC, if so, select the option that says “Stable”.
Usb 3.0 Driver Mac
10. If you are one of the lucky people who have opted to install a new Crystal HD card you should visit stmlabs.com to get more information on Crystalbuntu. It is a different software… that is installed in the exact same manner as the steps listed above.
11. Finally, from the “Launcher” section, head “XBMC” in the sub-menu to start XBMC.
umOuch (Andrew Brasher)
Atv Usb Creator 3.0 2 Download Mac Installer